Jan 10, 2011, 11:56 PM EDT
Have trouble understanding Sabermetrics? Do advanced metrics make your ears bleed?
Bradley Woodrum is here to help. Woodrum, who writes about the Tampa Bay Rays at DRaysBay.com, has created a rather entertaining video explaining the statistic of Fielding Independent Pitching.
It’s 1:43 of good wholesome fun and a straightforward explanation of why the stat is a more effective measuring tool of pitchers than ERA.
The video includes a rather crude-but-accurate caricature of the much-maligned Yuniesky Betancourt (pictured), an introduction to the “Luck Dragon,” and an invitation to “punch in the face” anyone who fails to understand the concept of FIP.
Woodrum is taking suggestions for what to tackle with his next video, so hit him up over at DRaysBay.com.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (68)