Jan 11, 2011, 2:01 PM EST
Bud Selig does nothing quickly. This is sometimes good and sometimes bad. Sometimes it’s simultaneously good and bad:
As owners and general managers prepared to gather this week for their first meetings of the new year, Commissioner Bud Selig told MLB.com that the playoffs and instant replay won’t be expanded this coming season.
Boo on not expanding instant replay! Yay for not expanding the playoffs!
Too bad that we’re way more likely to see the latter happen than the former next year, of course, but maybe the playoff thing will get tied up in a Budmittee and everyone will be happy.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)