Jan 11, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
Bud Selig does nothing quickly. This is sometimes good and sometimes bad. Sometimes it’s simultaneously good and bad:
As owners and general managers prepared to gather this week for their first meetings of the new year, Commissioner Bud Selig told MLB.com that the playoffs and instant replay won’t be expanded this coming season.
Boo on not expanding instant replay! Yay for not expanding the playoffs!
Too bad that we’re way more likely to see the latter happen than the former next year, of course, but maybe the playoff thing will get tied up in a Budmittee and everyone will be happy.
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 7
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 12
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 133
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (132)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)