Jan 11, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
Bud Selig does nothing quickly. This is sometimes good and sometimes bad. Sometimes it’s simultaneously good and bad:
As owners and general managers prepared to gather this week for their first meetings of the new year, Commissioner Bud Selig told MLB.com that the playoffs and instant replay won’t be expanded this coming season.
Boo on not expanding instant replay! Yay for not expanding the playoffs!
Too bad that we’re way more likely to see the latter happen than the former next year, of course, but maybe the playoff thing will get tied up in a Budmittee and everyone will be happy.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 32
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 31
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 44
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)