Jan 11, 2011, 11:28 PM EDT
I’m probably not alone in thinking that I had some pretty mean wiffle ball pitches back in my day.
My screwball caused hitters to tornado themselves into the ground, my knuckler put Bugs Bunny to shame, and my rising fastball not only came in deceptively hot, but was the one pitch I could put wherever I wanted to … usually.
Well it turns out I was probably more of a decent innings eater than a Cy Young candidate, sort of wiffle ball’s answer to Joe Blanton. My once rock-solid confidence in my abilities was shattered after watching the video above, which is perhaps the coolest pitching exhibition in the history of YouTube (with apologies to this guy)
It would be wise to get to know this guy. I’m talking to you, Sandy Alderson. Think about Oliver Perez, and then ask yourself what you’ve got to lose.
– Hat tip to Ted Berg for the find.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)