Jan 11, 2011, 11:28 PM EDT
I’m probably not alone in thinking that I had some pretty mean wiffle ball pitches back in my day.
My screwball caused hitters to tornado themselves into the ground, my knuckler put Bugs Bunny to shame, and my rising fastball not only came in deceptively hot, but was the one pitch I could put wherever I wanted to … usually.
Well it turns out I was probably more of a decent innings eater than a Cy Young candidate, sort of wiffle ball’s answer to Joe Blanton. My once rock-solid confidence in my abilities was shattered after watching the video above, which is perhaps the coolest pitching exhibition in the history of YouTube (with apologies to this guy)
It would be wise to get to know this guy. I’m talking to you, Sandy Alderson. Think about Oliver Perez, and then ask yourself what you’ve got to lose.
– Hat tip to Ted Berg for the find.
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)