Jan 12, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Paul Hoynes says that Sandy Alomar says that Carlos Santana feels “great” and is currently doing baseball activities. Given the nature of that grapevine, it’s safe to assume that Paul also says that Sandy says that Carlos likes Heather, but that he doesn’t like-like her, but that could all change at the Snowball Dance next month.
Anyway, this is good news for the Tribe. That injury to Santana’s knee looked positively horrific at the time. Before the injury he hit .260/.401/.467 with six home runs, 22 RBI and an 868 OPS over his first 192 major league plate appearances. I watched him a bunch here in Columbus last year and the guy was an absolute beast. If he’s healthy, he will be one of the few truly bright spots for the Indians in 2011.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Who really owns a home run ball? 58
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)