Jan 12, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Paul Hoynes says that Sandy Alomar says that Carlos Santana feels “great” and is currently doing baseball activities. Given the nature of that grapevine, it’s safe to assume that Paul also says that Sandy says that Carlos likes Heather, but that he doesn’t like-like her, but that could all change at the Snowball Dance next month.
Anyway, this is good news for the Tribe. That injury to Santana’s knee looked positively horrific at the time. Before the injury he hit .260/.401/.467 with six home runs, 22 RBI and an 868 OPS over his first 192 major league plate appearances. I watched him a bunch here in Columbus last year and the guy was an absolute beast. If he’s healthy, he will be one of the few truly bright spots for the Indians in 2011.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)