Jan 12, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Paul Hoynes says that Sandy Alomar says that Carlos Santana feels “great” and is currently doing baseball activities. Given the nature of that grapevine, it’s safe to assume that Paul also says that Sandy says that Carlos likes Heather, but that he doesn’t like-like her, but that could all change at the Snowball Dance next month.
Anyway, this is good news for the Tribe. That injury to Santana’s knee looked positively horrific at the time. Before the injury he hit .260/.401/.467 with six home runs, 22 RBI and an 868 OPS over his first 192 major league plate appearances. I watched him a bunch here in Columbus last year and the guy was an absolute beast. If he’s healthy, he will be one of the few truly bright spots for the Indians in 2011.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 16
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 11
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 40
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires