Jan 12, 2011, 2:28 PM EDT
Glaus wouldn’t bring what Thome brought to the table in terms of mashing right-handers — he’s a righty after all. Cantu can’t mash anyone, really, though he at least has a tad more defensive flexibility than Glaus does (i.e. it won’t be a national news story if he plays some third base like it was when Glaus did in the playoffs). This is all couched in a “coulds” and “mights,” though, so it’s not like they’re real targets.
Gleeman could speak about this way more intelligently than I could, but I’m getting the sense that Twins fans are kind of bummed by how this offseason has gone. If Cantu and Glaus become targets, I don’t think that perception changes.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)