Jan 12, 2011, 2:28 PM EST
Glaus wouldn’t bring what Thome brought to the table in terms of mashing right-handers — he’s a righty after all. Cantu can’t mash anyone, really, though he at least has a tad more defensive flexibility than Glaus does (i.e. it won’t be a national news story if he plays some third base like it was when Glaus did in the playoffs). This is all couched in a “coulds” and “mights,” though, so it’s not like they’re real targets.
Gleeman could speak about this way more intelligently than I could, but I’m getting the sense that Twins fans are kind of bummed by how this offseason has gone. If Cantu and Glaus become targets, I don’t think that perception changes.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)