Jan 12, 2011, 2:28 PM EDT
Glaus wouldn’t bring what Thome brought to the table in terms of mashing right-handers — he’s a righty after all. Cantu can’t mash anyone, really, though he at least has a tad more defensive flexibility than Glaus does (i.e. it won’t be a national news story if he plays some third base like it was when Glaus did in the playoffs). This is all couched in a “coulds” and “mights,” though, so it’s not like they’re real targets.
Gleeman could speak about this way more intelligently than I could, but I’m getting the sense that Twins fans are kind of bummed by how this offseason has gone. If Cantu and Glaus become targets, I don’t think that perception changes.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)