Jan 12, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
UPDATE: Several other reporters including Buster Olney and Marc Topkin are now following up on DRaysBay’s report, an expanded version of which you can see here. Of course none of these other people are actually crediting DRaysBay from what I’ve seen because bloggers apparently don’t know nothin’ never, but it does appear that their report has been borne out.
10:57 AM: DRaysBay is reporting that Kyle Farnsworth and the Rays have agreed to a deal. It hasn’t been confirmed by team or player yet. Indeed, Drays Bay is still working to verify it themselves, as it could be a misfire rumor. Could be legit. Could just be every Yankees and Red Sox fan’s fantasy.
Ah, I can’t gin up any real Farnsworth hate. He’s a useful guy if you don’t (a) think he can still throw 100 m.p.h.; (b) think he can handle high-leverage situations; or (c) pay him anything approaching real money. He’s an arm with some things to recommend it, even if it does make you sick when he’s your team’s big move at the trade deadline. The Rays could use him. Lots of teams could.
And besides, if Farnsworth continues to pitch, he’s guaranteed to get more features over at The Dugout, and that’s comedy gold.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)