Jan 12, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
UPDATE: Several other reporters including Buster Olney and Marc Topkin are now following up on DRaysBay’s report, an expanded version of which you can see here. Of course none of these other people are actually crediting DRaysBay from what I’ve seen because bloggers apparently don’t know nothin’ never, but it does appear that their report has been borne out.
10:57 AM: DRaysBay is reporting that Kyle Farnsworth and the Rays have agreed to a deal. It hasn’t been confirmed by team or player yet. Indeed, Drays Bay is still working to verify it themselves, as it could be a misfire rumor. Could be legit. Could just be every Yankees and Red Sox fan’s fantasy.
Ah, I can’t gin up any real Farnsworth hate. He’s a useful guy if you don’t (a) think he can still throw 100 m.p.h.; (b) think he can handle high-leverage situations; or (c) pay him anything approaching real money. He’s an arm with some things to recommend it, even if it does make you sick when he’s your team’s big move at the trade deadline. The Rays could use him. Lots of teams could.
And besides, if Farnsworth continues to pitch, he’s guaranteed to get more features over at The Dugout, and that’s comedy gold.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)