Lew Wolff is not interested in the Dodgers, thank you very much

Jan 12, 2011, 1:06 PM EDT

Oakland A's Press Conference

Yesterday Buster Olney mused — and explicitly said he was musing, not reporting — that Bud Selig could fix it that A’s owner Lew Wolff could end up owning the Dodgers. In response, the Athletics have released a statement declaring that owner Lew Wolff “has no interest whatsoever in purchasing the Los Angeles Dodgers franchise.”

Wow. Behold the power of Buster.  If I was him I’d make a game of it. See how many official denials I could get from teams based on whatever one could reasonably speculate about.

Heard this: Hal Steinbrenner loved — and I mean loved — “The Bounty Hunter.”  Said that Jennifer Aniston “lit up the screen and captured our hearts.”

1. alexpoterack - Jan 12, 2011 at 1:29 PM

For some reason, I hear everything Buster Olney writes in the voice of Bob Costas, which just makes your “Heard this” that much funnier.

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Jan 12, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Haha, you know what, you’re not the only one.

• BC - Jan 12, 2011 at 2:15 PM

You mean sort of like the late Steve Landesberg, who I’ll never forget because of this scene:

2. BC - Jan 12, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Mark Cuban needs to buy the Dodgers. Now. Please. Mommy.

• Old Gator - Jan 12, 2011 at 11:07 PM

So I guess you don’t want him buying the Mutts, eh?

Just imagine what kind of media attention Mark Cuban would draw in Nyorc. Just imagine it. He’d be like Michael Jackson up there. The Borg could win 110 games a season and sweep the playoffs and series for five straight years and even the New York Pestilence would assign its interns to cover them.

3. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Jan 12, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Hal Steinbrenner seems more like he’d be a fan of “Gamer” instead of “Bounty Hunter.” That’s probably David Eckstein’s favorite movie too, because of what a gamer he is.

4. jkcalhoun - Jan 12, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Wolff: I did not have conditional relations with that ballclub.

Do the Angels have any weaknesses?
  1. G. Stanton (3827)