Jan 12, 2011, 1:06 PM EDT
Yesterday Buster Olney mused — and explicitly said he was musing, not reporting — that Bud Selig could fix it that A’s owner Lew Wolff could end up owning the Dodgers. In response, the Athletics have released a statement declaring that owner Lew Wolff “has no interest whatsoever in purchasing the Los Angeles Dodgers franchise.”
Wow. Behold the power of Buster. If I was him I’d make a game of it. See how many official denials I could get from teams based on whatever one could reasonably speculate about.
Heard this: Hal Steinbrenner loved — and I mean loved — “The Bounty Hunter.” Said that Jennifer Aniston “lit up the screen and captured our hearts.”
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel