Jan 12, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
The league released the complete list of spring training reporting and workout dates yesterday. To see when your rooting interest gets underway, click here.
Pitchers and catchers report as early as February 14th for some teams and as late as February 17th for others. Likewise, full-squad workouts begin as early as February 19th for some teams and as late as February 23rd. But only one team reports on the 23rd: the Twins.
I went to college at a school that was on the quarter system rather than the semester system. As such, I had nearly a month of knocking around my hometown after all my friends went away to college before I got to go. It was kind of a drag, actually. Apart from waiting in line at the record store to buy Guns N’ Roses “Use Your Illusion I and II” the day it came out (on cassette, natch), it was a totally wasted month. I wonder if the Twins position players feel like that.
I also wonder how many of them own “Use Your Illusion I and II” on cassette. Maybe Joe Nathan. He’s the only one about the right age for that.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)