Jan 12, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
The league released the complete list of spring training reporting and workout dates yesterday. To see when your rooting interest gets underway, click here.
Pitchers and catchers report as early as February 14th for some teams and as late as February 17th for others. Likewise, full-squad workouts begin as early as February 19th for some teams and as late as February 23rd. But only one team reports on the 23rd: the Twins.
I went to college at a school that was on the quarter system rather than the semester system. As such, I had nearly a month of knocking around my hometown after all my friends went away to college before I got to go. It was kind of a drag, actually. Apart from waiting in line at the record store to buy Guns N’ Roses “Use Your Illusion I and II” the day it came out (on cassette, natch), it was a totally wasted month. I wonder if the Twins position players feel like that.
I also wonder how many of them own “Use Your Illusion I and II” on cassette. Maybe Joe Nathan. He’s the only one about the right age for that.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)