Jan 13, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
Is Showtime looking to steal a page from the HBO playbook and air its own Hard Knocks-type series? EW has learned that Showtime is in early talks with producer Mike Tollin to do a docuseries that focuses on the San Francisco Giants.
I think the same people who came up with the term “docuseries” came up with “dramedy” back in the 80s. Remember John Ritter in “Hooperman?” Nah, me neither.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)