Jan 13, 2011, 12:59 PM EST
Is Showtime looking to steal a page from the HBO playbook and air its own Hard Knocks-type series? EW has learned that Showtime is in early talks with producer Mike Tollin to do a docuseries that focuses on the San Francisco Giants.
I think the same people who came up with the term “docuseries” came up with “dramedy” back in the 80s. Remember John Ritter in “Hooperman?” Nah, me neither.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (226)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)