Jan 13, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
Is Showtime looking to steal a page from the HBO playbook and air its own Hard Knocks-type series? EW has learned that Showtime is in early talks with producer Mike Tollin to do a docuseries that focuses on the San Francisco Giants.
I think the same people who came up with the term “docuseries” came up with “dramedy” back in the 80s. Remember John Ritter in “Hooperman?” Nah, me neither.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)