Jan 13, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
No one may want Bobby Valentine to manage their team, but someone loves him: his hometown of Stamford, Connecticut. Earlier this week he was named Stamford’s “Citizen of the Year.” Today he was named the city’s Director of Public Safety.
There was probably a need for a new Director of Public Safety, actually: the last guy couldn’t even keep mild-mannered executives from scaling downtown buildings in broad daylight. And besides, having Valentine in charge of public safety is awesome because he also owns that sports bar in Stamford. Which means you can probably get totally out of control there and not have to worry about the cops barging in.
At least if Bobby isn’t mad at you.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12