Jan 13, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
UPDATE: Not only is Robinson already out of the hospital, he’s returned to the owners meetings.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that Frank Robinson has been hospitalized “after experiencing dizziness and irregular heartbeat at the owners meetings in Scottsdale, Arizona.”
According to Shaikin the 75-year-old Hall of Famer “was alert and conscious” while he left the meetings and is now being evaluated further.
Last month Rockies manager Jim Tracy was hospitalized after collapsing in the hotel lobby at the winter meetings. He was also diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, but was released from the hospital the next day and is doing fine now.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 3
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 31
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 44
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)