Jan 13, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
UPDATE: Not only is Robinson already out of the hospital, he’s returned to the owners meetings.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that Frank Robinson has been hospitalized “after experiencing dizziness and irregular heartbeat at the owners meetings in Scottsdale, Arizona.”
According to Shaikin the 75-year-old Hall of Famer “was alert and conscious” while he left the meetings and is now being evaluated further.
Last month Rockies manager Jim Tracy was hospitalized after collapsing in the hotel lobby at the winter meetings. He was also diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, but was released from the hospital the next day and is doing fine now.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)