Jan 13, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
UPDATE: Not only is Robinson already out of the hospital, he’s returned to the owners meetings.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that Frank Robinson has been hospitalized “after experiencing dizziness and irregular heartbeat at the owners meetings in Scottsdale, Arizona.”
According to Shaikin the 75-year-old Hall of Famer “was alert and conscious” while he left the meetings and is now being evaluated further.
Last month Rockies manager Jim Tracy was hospitalized after collapsing in the hotel lobby at the winter meetings. He was also diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, but was released from the hospital the next day and is doing fine now.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59