Jan 13, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
UPDATE: Not only is Robinson already out of the hospital, he’s returned to the owners meetings.
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that Frank Robinson has been hospitalized “after experiencing dizziness and irregular heartbeat at the owners meetings in Scottsdale, Arizona.”
According to Shaikin the 75-year-old Hall of Famer “was alert and conscious” while he left the meetings and is now being evaluated further.
Last month Rockies manager Jim Tracy was hospitalized after collapsing in the hotel lobby at the winter meetings. He was also diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, but was released from the hospital the next day and is doing fine now.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)