Jan 13, 2011, 4:22 PM EDT
If I were Bill Simmons, right about now I’d say something like “I wish there was someplace you could bet on things like ‘the date on which Eric Chavez hits the disabled list, the date on which its reported that his career is likely over and the date on which he says he’s coming back in 2012′”:
Free agent Eric Chavez, trying to come back from three injury-riddled seasons in Oakland, held a personal workout for the Toronto Blue Jays recently, a source told ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick … Seattle and the Los Angeles Dodgers have both expressed interest in Chavez, who has one offer on the table from an unidentified club, according to a source.
That should probably read “four injury-riddled seasons,” given that he hasn’t played 100 games in a year since 2006.
Oh, and if were Simmons, I’d probably reference my college friends by their silly college nicknames first, look into the mirror and ask myself if anyone still talks about his friends like that past the age of 40 second, and then I’d ask about the Eric Chavez betting thing.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)