Jan 13, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
“I’m definitely in the best shape of my life … Once you start throwing, it’s gonna be a long process just getting your strength back, but I feel great about it and I have a really good feeling that I’m gonna come back at 100 percent. … The surgery’s down to a science, and you’ve just got to do what the doctors tell you.”
Not the usual best-shape-of-his-life story because a lot of us have underwear older than Strasburg, and guys who play the BSoML card are usually older guys fighting physical decline. But hey, it’s mid-January and nothing is going on so we’ll certainly take it.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)