Jan 14, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
I hope Cardinals fans didn’t have water in their mouths when they read the following tweet from Derrick Goold, or else they’d need new monitors:
Cardinals sign Miguel Batista and Ian Snell
I mean, jeez, Derrick. I know some people advocate pulling the bandage off quickly, but you really should break that kind of thing up into two tweets rather than smack everyone over the head like that.
Oh well, no sense going crazy. These are minor league deals for basically zero money. And while he absolutely grinds my gears to watch pitch, Batista has his uses as a swingman/slop-time kind of pitcher. Snell less so, but maybe some Dave Duncan time will do him some good. That is, if he gets enough time near the major league camp to talk to Duncan much.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead