Jan 14, 2011, 1:45 PM EST
I hope Cardinals fans didn’t have water in their mouths when they read the following tweet from Derrick Goold, or else they’d need new monitors:
Cardinals sign Miguel Batista and Ian Snell
I mean, jeez, Derrick. I know some people advocate pulling the bandage off quickly, but you really should break that kind of thing up into two tweets rather than smack everyone over the head like that.
Oh well, no sense going crazy. These are minor league deals for basically zero money. And while he absolutely grinds my gears to watch pitch, Batista has his uses as a swingman/slop-time kind of pitcher. Snell less so, but maybe some Dave Duncan time will do him some good. That is, if he gets enough time near the major league camp to talk to Duncan much.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)