Jan 14, 2011, 2:36 PM EDT
Bobby Valentine’s new job as Stamford, Connecticut’s Public Safety Director is not going over all that well with the people who will be under his supervision:
The announcement of Valentine’s new role wasn’t met with universal acclaim, however. Sgt. Joe Kennedy, president of the Stamford police union, expressed his doubts about Valentine to the Advocate.
“When do we get to meet Derek Jeter?” Kennedy said. “Honestly, I guess this is going to be a ceremonial position. I know he’s a nice guy, [but] I have no idea what his professional background is going to bring to this position.”
Such haters. Don’t they realize that Valentine has expertise? I mean, he was spearheading undercover operations since Sgt. Kennedy was back in high school.
Reading the article further, we learn that Valentine will be paid $10,000 a year. So, OK, yeah, maybe this is not as big a deal as everyone made it out to be yesterday. Either that, or the public servants in Stamford are due a SERIOUS raise.
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 13
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 41
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 31
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)