Jan 14, 2011, 2:36 PM EST
Bobby Valentine’s new job as Stamford, Connecticut’s Public Safety Director is not going over all that well with the people who will be under his supervision:
The announcement of Valentine’s new role wasn’t met with universal acclaim, however. Sgt. Joe Kennedy, president of the Stamford police union, expressed his doubts about Valentine to the Advocate.
“When do we get to meet Derek Jeter?” Kennedy said. “Honestly, I guess this is going to be a ceremonial position. I know he’s a nice guy, [but] I have no idea what his professional background is going to bring to this position.”
Such haters. Don’t they realize that Valentine has expertise? I mean, he was spearheading undercover operations since Sgt. Kennedy was back in high school.
Reading the article further, we learn that Valentine will be paid $10,000 a year. So, OK, yeah, maybe this is not as big a deal as everyone made it out to be yesterday. Either that, or the public servants in Stamford are due a SERIOUS raise.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 30
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)