Jan 15, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Associated Press reports that Ozzie Canseco, twin brother of Jose Canseco, was arrested in Florida this morning for DUI charges.
According to Kristal Roberts of the local ABC affiliate in Tampa, Canseco had a blood alcohol level between .109 and .108, above the .08 legal limit. The 46-year-old was booked early this morning and is being held on $500.00 bond.
Of course, this isn’t Canseco’s first brush with the law. In 2003, he was sentenced to four months in prison for possessing an illegal anabolic steroid and driving with a suspended license. Both Canseco brothers plead guilty to charges related to their involvement in a night club brawl in 2001.
Canseco, a former 1983 second-round draft pick of the Yankees, batted .200/.297/.292 with zero home runs in 74 major league plate appearances between the Athletics and Cardinals.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)