Jan 15, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
The Associated Press reports that Ozzie Canseco, twin brother of Jose Canseco, was arrested in Florida this morning for DUI charges.
According to Kristal Roberts of the local ABC affiliate in Tampa, Canseco had a blood alcohol level between .109 and .108, above the .08 legal limit. The 46-year-old was booked early this morning and is being held on $500.00 bond.
Of course, this isn’t Canseco’s first brush with the law. In 2003, he was sentenced to four months in prison for possessing an illegal anabolic steroid and driving with a suspended license. Both Canseco brothers plead guilty to charges related to their involvement in a night club brawl in 2001.
Canseco, a former 1983 second-round draft pick of the Yankees, batted .200/.297/.292 with zero home runs in 74 major league plate appearances between the Athletics and Cardinals.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 15
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)