Jan 15, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
The Associated Press reports that Ozzie Canseco, twin brother of Jose Canseco, was arrested in Florida this morning for DUI charges.
According to Kristal Roberts of the local ABC affiliate in Tampa, Canseco had a blood alcohol level between .109 and .108, above the .08 legal limit. The 46-year-old was booked early this morning and is being held on $500.00 bond.
Of course, this isn’t Canseco’s first brush with the law. In 2003, he was sentenced to four months in prison for possessing an illegal anabolic steroid and driving with a suspended license. Both Canseco brothers plead guilty to charges related to their involvement in a night club brawl in 2001.
Canseco, a former 1983 second-round draft pick of the Yankees, batted .200/.297/.292 with zero home runs in 74 major league plate appearances between the Athletics and Cardinals.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)