Jan 15, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Associated Press reports that Ozzie Canseco, twin brother of Jose Canseco, was arrested in Florida this morning for DUI charges.
According to Kristal Roberts of the local ABC affiliate in Tampa, Canseco had a blood alcohol level between .109 and .108, above the .08 legal limit. The 46-year-old was booked early this morning and is being held on $500.00 bond.
Of course, this isn’t Canseco’s first brush with the law. In 2003, he was sentenced to four months in prison for possessing an illegal anabolic steroid and driving with a suspended license. Both Canseco brothers plead guilty to charges related to their involvement in a night club brawl in 2001.
Canseco, a former 1983 second-round draft pick of the Yankees, batted .200/.297/.292 with zero home runs in 74 major league plate appearances between the Athletics and Cardinals.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 42
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)