Jan 17, 2011, 8:57 AM EST
Jones hit .284/.325/.442 with 19 homers last year, his third full year in the bigs. His second half was better than his first, mostly due to improved plate discipline. I wonder if Buck Showalter has anything to do with that. If so, it makes me wonder if Jones, after a couple of more or less identical years, is ready to break out in 2011 like many people expect he eventually will.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)