Jan 17, 2011, 9:32 PM EDT
Cabrera was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter. The 25-year-old shortstop batted .276/.326/.346 with three home runs, 29 RBI, a .673 OPS and six stolen bases in 425 plate appearances with the Indians last season. He was limited to just 97 games due to a fractured left forearm which required surgery.
With Cabrera out of the way, the Indians still have Shin-Soo Choo, Rafael Perez and Chris Perez eligible for arbitration. It will be interesting to see if the Indians are able to make any headway on a multi-year contract with Choo, who is represented by Scott Boras.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?