Jan 17, 2011, 9:32 PM EST
Cabrera was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter. The 25-year-old shortstop batted .276/.326/.346 with three home runs, 29 RBI, a .673 OPS and six stolen bases in 425 plate appearances with the Indians last season. He was limited to just 97 games due to a fractured left forearm which required surgery.
With Cabrera out of the way, the Indians still have Shin-Soo Choo, Rafael Perez and Chris Perez eligible for arbitration. It will be interesting to see if the Indians are able to make any headway on a multi-year contract with Choo, who is represented by Scott Boras.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)