Jan 17, 2011, 12:15 PM EST
After eating his way out of a starting job last season Pablo Sandoval has shed 20-30 pounds this winter, posting a picture of his slimmed-down self over the weekend that shows him looking like a new man.
That led to a bunch of his Twitter followers asking Sandoval how he lost the weight, so he posted the following dieting tips:
Many fallowers asking me obout the diet…here we go! low carbohydrate and high protein, small quantities, 5 times a day…and trainning 6 days for week
I didn’t edit any of the spelling, because that’s part of Sandoval’s charm on Twitter. He’s been responding to messages from fans while thanking them for being “a great inspiration to keep it up and trainning hard.”
As a fat guy who’s lost 50-plus pounds several times during the past five years only to gain it all back each time, I’m definitely rooting for Sandoval. He’s too talented and too amusing to let food ruin his career.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 10
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)