Jan 17, 2011, 10:34 AM EDT
UPDATE: Well, that lasted three minutes. Apparently the Manny-Angels thing was bogus. Didn’t see Bill Shaikin’s tweet on it last night. Attention Toronto Star: update your story. Thanks!
10:31: I try to stay 100% on top of everything that’s going on, but sometimes things fall through the cracks. But usually this kind of thing doesn’t. The Toronto Star saying that the Angels and Manny Ramirez have a deal in place:
But while the signing may have helped solidify the Jays’ bullpen, it appears their chances of acquiring slugger Manny Ramirez have dissipated. Ramirez is believed to be on the verge of signing a one-year deal with Anaheim, with the Angels having reportedly agreed to the deal.
I haven’t seen this anywhere, have you? Last I saw was that report from Friday when a bunch of teams had reported interest, none more strongly than any other.
Apologies if I’m just whiffing on a report that, say, the L.A. Times already had, but this is the first time I’ve seen anyone saying that the Angels are about to sign Manny.
(thanks to ProudlyCanadian for the heads up)
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 11
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)