Jan 17, 2011, 10:34 AM EDT
UPDATE: Well, that lasted three minutes. Apparently the Manny-Angels thing was bogus. Didn’t see Bill Shaikin’s tweet on it last night. Attention Toronto Star: update your story. Thanks!
10:31: I try to stay 100% on top of everything that’s going on, but sometimes things fall through the cracks. But usually this kind of thing doesn’t. The Toronto Star saying that the Angels and Manny Ramirez have a deal in place:
But while the signing may have helped solidify the Jays’ bullpen, it appears their chances of acquiring slugger Manny Ramirez have dissipated. Ramirez is believed to be on the verge of signing a one-year deal with Anaheim, with the Angels having reportedly agreed to the deal.
I haven’t seen this anywhere, have you? Last I saw was that report from Friday when a bunch of teams had reported interest, none more strongly than any other.
Apologies if I’m just whiffing on a report that, say, the L.A. Times already had, but this is the first time I’ve seen anyone saying that the Angels are about to sign Manny.
(thanks to ProudlyCanadian for the heads up)
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)