Jan 17, 2011, 10:34 AM EDT
UPDATE: Well, that lasted three minutes. Apparently the Manny-Angels thing was bogus. Didn’t see Bill Shaikin’s tweet on it last night. Attention Toronto Star: update your story. Thanks!
10:31: I try to stay 100% on top of everything that’s going on, but sometimes things fall through the cracks. But usually this kind of thing doesn’t. The Toronto Star saying that the Angels and Manny Ramirez have a deal in place:
But while the signing may have helped solidify the Jays’ bullpen, it appears their chances of acquiring slugger Manny Ramirez have dissipated. Ramirez is believed to be on the verge of signing a one-year deal with Anaheim, with the Angels having reportedly agreed to the deal.
I haven’t seen this anywhere, have you? Last I saw was that report from Friday when a bunch of teams had reported interest, none more strongly than any other.
Apologies if I’m just whiffing on a report that, say, the L.A. Times already had, but this is the first time I’ve seen anyone saying that the Angels are about to sign Manny.
(thanks to ProudlyCanadian for the heads up)
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles