Jan 17, 2011, 10:34 AM EST
UPDATE: Well, that lasted three minutes. Apparently the Manny-Angels thing was bogus. Didn’t see Bill Shaikin’s tweet on it last night. Attention Toronto Star: update your story. Thanks!
10:31: I try to stay 100% on top of everything that’s going on, but sometimes things fall through the cracks. But usually this kind of thing doesn’t. The Toronto Star saying that the Angels and Manny Ramirez have a deal in place:
But while the signing may have helped solidify the Jays’ bullpen, it appears their chances of acquiring slugger Manny Ramirez have dissipated. Ramirez is believed to be on the verge of signing a one-year deal with Anaheim, with the Angels having reportedly agreed to the deal.
I haven’t seen this anywhere, have you? Last I saw was that report from Friday when a bunch of teams had reported interest, none more strongly than any other.
Apologies if I’m just whiffing on a report that, say, the L.A. Times already had, but this is the first time I’ve seen anyone saying that the Angels are about to sign Manny.
(thanks to ProudlyCanadian for the heads up)
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (94)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)