Jan 17, 2011, 9:28 AM EST
Brian Fuentes has agreed to a two-year deal with Oakland. Fuentes posted a 2.81 ERA and 47/20 K/BB ratio over 48 innings between the Angels and Twins last season, and he absolutely kills lefties. Of course he’s more than a lefty-specialist, having worked as a closer since 2005.
We’ve heard a lot about great the back end of the Yankees bullpen is going to be next year, but how about them A’s? They already had Andrew Bailey, and now in the past couple of days they’ve signed Grant Balfour and Fuentes. Between the three of them, Bob Geren can do whatever the heck he wants in the late innings.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (159)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)