Jan 17, 2011, 9:28 AM EST
Brian Fuentes has agreed to a two-year deal with Oakland. Fuentes posted a 2.81 ERA and 47/20 K/BB ratio over 48 innings between the Angels and Twins last season, and he absolutely kills lefties. Of course he’s more than a lefty-specialist, having worked as a closer since 2005.
We’ve heard a lot about great the back end of the Yankees bullpen is going to be next year, but how about them A’s? They already had Andrew Bailey, and now in the past couple of days they’ve signed Grant Balfour and Fuentes. Between the three of them, Bob Geren can do whatever the heck he wants in the late innings.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 23
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (155)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)