Jan 17, 2011, 9:28 AM EDT
Brian Fuentes has agreed to a two-year deal with Oakland. Fuentes posted a 2.81 ERA and 47/20 K/BB ratio over 48 innings between the Angels and Twins last season, and he absolutely kills lefties. Of course he’s more than a lefty-specialist, having worked as a closer since 2005.
We’ve heard a lot about great the back end of the Yankees bullpen is going to be next year, but how about them A’s? They already had Andrew Bailey, and now in the past couple of days they’ve signed Grant Balfour and Fuentes. Between the three of them, Bob Geren can do whatever the heck he wants in the late innings.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)