Jan 17, 2011, 9:28 AM EST
Brian Fuentes has agreed to a two-year deal with Oakland. Fuentes posted a 2.81 ERA and 47/20 K/BB ratio over 48 innings between the Angels and Twins last season, and he absolutely kills lefties. Of course he’s more than a lefty-specialist, having worked as a closer since 2005.
We’ve heard a lot about great the back end of the Yankees bullpen is going to be next year, but how about them A’s? They already had Andrew Bailey, and now in the past couple of days they’ve signed Grant Balfour and Fuentes. Between the three of them, Bob Geren can do whatever the heck he wants in the late innings.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)