Jan 17, 2011, 5:12 PM EST
Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees and the Orioles are sniffin’ around Freddy Garcia.
Or, I should say, sniffin’ around again. Heyman reported last month that multiple teams including the Yankees had requested his medical records. At the time I opined that Garcia is not a guy who is going to make a difference for a contending team. He threw 157 decent innings last year but he doesn’t strike anyone out anymore. He’s a right-handed flyball pitcher who will get eaten alive in Yankee Stadium, Camden Yards. And in Fenway Park it should be noted too, as the Red Sox have some monster lefties.
Not that there’s anyone much better left for teams seeking pitching help. It’s just that Garcia is no one to get too excited about.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 5
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 111
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (115)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)