Jan 17, 2011, 5:12 PM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees and the Orioles are sniffin’ around Freddy Garcia.
Or, I should say, sniffin’ around again. Heyman reported last month that multiple teams including the Yankees had requested his medical records. At the time I opined that Garcia is not a guy who is going to make a difference for a contending team. He threw 157 decent innings last year but he doesn’t strike anyone out anymore. He’s a right-handed flyball pitcher who will get eaten alive in Yankee Stadium, Camden Yards. And in Fenway Park it should be noted too, as the Red Sox have some monster lefties.
Not that there’s anyone much better left for teams seeking pitching help. It’s just that Garcia is no one to get too excited about.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12