Jan 17, 2011, 5:12 PM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees and the Orioles are sniffin’ around Freddy Garcia.
Or, I should say, sniffin’ around again. Heyman reported last month that multiple teams including the Yankees had requested his medical records. At the time I opined that Garcia is not a guy who is going to make a difference for a contending team. He threw 157 decent innings last year but he doesn’t strike anyone out anymore. He’s a right-handed flyball pitcher who will get eaten alive in Yankee Stadium, Camden Yards. And in Fenway Park it should be noted too, as the Red Sox have some monster lefties.
Not that there’s anyone much better left for teams seeking pitching help. It’s just that Garcia is no one to get too excited about.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)