Jan 18, 2011, 3:58 PM EST
The woman Lenny Dykstra is accusing of forging checks left a comment on our post from earlier today. Take it away Monica Foster:
Thanks Craig Calcaterra and MSNBC Hardball* for having a common sense view on this spectacle I wound up in.
The only person lying in this situation is Dykstra. He needs to come clean about not being able to or wanting to pay his debts to not only to myself but quite a few others. He didn’t expect me to speak up about what happened so now he’s embarrassed and is attempting to cover his tracks.
A detective with the LAPD along with my bank (I was sent official bank copies of the check and I have a bank letter) can vouch for the validity of the check being from him. There’s no way I could have or would have “forged” a check from him and I was not out to “set him up” being that HE contacted ME to spend time with him that morning. I didn’t even know who he was being that he initially gave me a false name.
The good thing that’s come of this situation is that I’ve realized that I need to take a better path in life and I’m making efforts to do so.
As for Dykstra, I doubt he even knows what telling the truth is anymore. It’s pathetic.
Lenny: If you’d like to respond, I’ll give you the floor, editing only for expletives and libel. Call me! But not collect!
*It’s cool. Chris Mathhews and I get mixed up all the time. He’s probably better off as a result of the constant misunderstandings.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)