Jan 18, 2011, 3:58 PM EDT
The woman Lenny Dykstra is accusing of forging checks left a comment on our post from earlier today. Take it away Monica Foster:
Thanks Craig Calcaterra and MSNBC Hardball* for having a common sense view on this spectacle I wound up in.
The only person lying in this situation is Dykstra. He needs to come clean about not being able to or wanting to pay his debts to not only to myself but quite a few others. He didn’t expect me to speak up about what happened so now he’s embarrassed and is attempting to cover his tracks.
A detective with the LAPD along with my bank (I was sent official bank copies of the check and I have a bank letter) can vouch for the validity of the check being from him. There’s no way I could have or would have “forged” a check from him and I was not out to “set him up” being that HE contacted ME to spend time with him that morning. I didn’t even know who he was being that he initially gave me a false name.
The good thing that’s come of this situation is that I’ve realized that I need to take a better path in life and I’m making efforts to do so.
As for Dykstra, I doubt he even knows what telling the truth is anymore. It’s pathetic.
Lenny: If you’d like to respond, I’ll give you the floor, editing only for expletives and libel. Call me! But not collect!
*It’s cool. Chris Mathhews and I get mixed up all the time. He’s probably better off as a result of the constant misunderstandings.
- No-hitter watch: Aaron Harang has no-hit the Mets through seven innings 0
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Yasiel Puig does all of the Yasiel Puig things in the same inning 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)