Jan 18, 2011, 3:58 PM EST
The woman Lenny Dykstra is accusing of forging checks left a comment on our post from earlier today. Take it away Monica Foster:
Thanks Craig Calcaterra and MSNBC Hardball* for having a common sense view on this spectacle I wound up in.
The only person lying in this situation is Dykstra. He needs to come clean about not being able to or wanting to pay his debts to not only to myself but quite a few others. He didn’t expect me to speak up about what happened so now he’s embarrassed and is attempting to cover his tracks.
A detective with the LAPD along with my bank (I was sent official bank copies of the check and I have a bank letter) can vouch for the validity of the check being from him. There’s no way I could have or would have “forged” a check from him and I was not out to “set him up” being that HE contacted ME to spend time with him that morning. I didn’t even know who he was being that he initially gave me a false name.
The good thing that’s come of this situation is that I’ve realized that I need to take a better path in life and I’m making efforts to do so.
As for Dykstra, I doubt he even knows what telling the truth is anymore. It’s pathetic.
Lenny: If you’d like to respond, I’ll give you the floor, editing only for expletives and libel. Call me! But not collect!
*It’s cool. Chris Mathhews and I get mixed up all the time. He’s probably better off as a result of the constant misunderstandings.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 65
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 59
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)