Comment of the Day: Monica Foster speaks

Jan 18, 2011, 3:58 PM EDT

Lenny Dykstra

The woman Lenny Dykstra is accusing of forging checks left a comment on our post from earlier today. Take it away Monica Foster:

Thanks Craig Calcaterra and MSNBC Hardball* for having a common sense view on this spectacle I wound up in.

The only person lying in this situation is Dykstra. He needs to come clean about not being able to or wanting to pay his debts to not only to myself but quite a few others. He didn’t expect me to speak up about what happened so now he’s embarrassed and is attempting to cover his tracks.

A detective with the LAPD along with my bank (I was sent official bank copies of the check and I have a bank letter) can vouch for the validity of the check being from him. There’s no way I could have or would have “forged” a check from him and I was not out to “set him up” being that HE contacted ME to spend time with him that morning. I didn’t even know who he was being that he initially gave me a false name.

The good thing that’s come of this situation is that I’ve realized that I need to take a better path in life and I’m making efforts to do so.
As for Dykstra, I doubt he even knows what telling the truth is anymore. It’s pathetic.

Lenny: If you’d like to respond, I’ll give you the floor, editing only for expletives and libel.  Call me! But not collect!

*It’s cool. Chris Mathhews and I get mixed up all the time. He’s probably better off as a result of the constant misunderstandings.

1. BC - Jan 18, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Lenny… Lenny… Pay cash if you feel the need to do this bleep again….

2. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jan 18, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Lenny: If you’d like to respond, I’ll give you the floor, editing only for expletives and libel. Call me! But not collect!

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!! WOOOO! That made my day.

3. BC - Jan 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM

There is about as much chance of Dykstra commenting directly on this blog as there is for John Boehner to show up on ‘The Daily Show’ this evening.

4. Utley's Hair - Jan 18, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I’m sure you took a sick pleasure in adding that photo of him in a Phightins uni.

But I’ll repeat my question/request on this post. How about replacing his pic with her, what with him being a slug and all?

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jan 18, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Again, seconded.

• Utley's Hair - Jan 18, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Does that make it fourthed? ‘Cause I feel the need for a fifth right about now….

5. Panda Claus - Jan 18, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Craig, I’d guess you’ve researched this to enough to know this is the “real” Monica? Because if so, you’ve probably got an HBT-Live interview opportunity here.

I’d agree with the others to replace Lenny’s photo.

6. thinman61 - Jan 18, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Wouldn’t Ms. Foster have to agree to having her picture used? Not sure that would be the best PR move she could make in her situation. Based on their respective comments she definitely seems smart enough to realize that; at the very least she comes across as smarter than Lenny.

• monicafosterathome - Jan 18, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Yes this is the real Monica, if you click on my little username above this post it’ll take you to my video blog Monica At Home.

I’m flattered you guys want to have my photo posted, but at this point it’s not necessary – plus I don’t have a “sports themed” photo.

This isn’t something I want to be known for – it’s just a situation that happened on my way to becoming a director, author and artist. The whole thing was the kick in the pants that I needed to realize that I need to live my life differently in order not to attract such weirdness and negativity into it.

Anyhow, thanks to many of you for your positivity and support on this. I know I’ve made some bad choices but I’m not letting this Dykstra guy play the victim or paint me as a liar. Sometimes in life you gotta own up to your crap and get it together.

• Panda Claus - Jan 19, 2011 at 8:27 AM

OK, sorry for doubting you. Guess I could have clicked the link before now, but that’s what we have Craig for.

7. Jeremiah Graves - Jan 18, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I’d vote for Craig to draw his own picture of Nails using Microsoft Paint or something. Perhaps in one of those logo-neutral jerseys that low-end advertisers always have to use when they can’t afford to buy the rights to an MLB logo.

• Utley's Hair - Jan 18, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Or just a box of nails, since they’re obviously smarter than their namesake.

• Jeremiah Graves - Jan 18, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3584)