Jan 18, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
Washington is “closing in on” a contract with right-hander Todd Coffey, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com.
Coffey was non-tendered by the Brewers despite a 3.52 ERA and 128/46 K/BB ratio in 153 innings for Milwaukee during the past three seasons.
Coffey’s slider is his best pitch, but his average fastball also clocks in at 94 miles per hour and he’s induced 52 percent ground balls to go along with missing plenty of bats. He should be a solid middle reliever in 2011.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 77
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 34
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)