Jan 18, 2011, 9:49 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times, Bradley was arrested at home at around 10:40 a.m for making a threat against an unidentified female. He was later released on $50,000 bail.
By the way, here’s a link to the penal code section 422.
9:22 PM: The law isn’t really my game, but our own Craig Calcaterra tweets that Code section 422 involves threats to cause “death or great bodily injury to another person.” He continues:
Importantly, the code section deals with threats even if “there is no intent to carry it out.” Has to be a clear, unequivocal threat, though.
The threats can come via text, in person, in writing, whatever.
Key: it is a crime to make real, specific threats even if it isn’t clear you’re going to carry them out.
9:17 PM: The LAPD has confirmed to Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times that Bradley was arrested for violating California penal code section 422, which involves making a “criminal threat.” That’s all we have right now.
9:15 PM: Here we go again.
According to King 5 Sports in Seattle, Milton Bradley has been arrested on a felony charge in Los Angeles County. We’re waiting for more details to emerge regarding the specific nature of the crime, but the Mariners may have finally found the loophole they need to void the rest of the his contract. Maybe.
Bradley, who turns 33 in April, is owed $12 million in 2011.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)