Jan 18, 2011, 2:19 AM EDT
Adam Kilgore of The Washington Post caught up with Washington Nationals phenom pitcher Stephen Strasburg, and has some information on how the right-hander has been handling his rehabilitation from Tommy John surgery, how he has been spending his time this offseason, and his prospects for returning to action.
There are some good nuggets, so check out the story here.
Among the highlights …
- Strasburg is expected to start tossing a ball again in 2-3 weeks.
- He will likely begin minor league rehab appearances next August, but most likely won’t throw a pitch for the Nationals until 2012.
- He is (this is for you, Craig) in the best shape of his life. Where he used to squat 235, he now squats 315.
- He created and ran in the Stephen Strasburg 5K Fun Run & Walk, the proceeds of which benefit the San Diego State baseball program.
- He’s done being down about the injury, and is instead looking ahead.
Strasburg no longer dwells on the injury. He chases the feeling his best moments brought, sustained by the belief that only work and time separate him from feeling it once more.
“I focus on the times where I pitched really, really well,” he said. “I try to remember what I was thinking.
“I just can’t wait to go there and do it all over again.”
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 5
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 21
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car