Jan 18, 2011, 2:19 AM EDT
Adam Kilgore of The Washington Post caught up with Washington Nationals phenom pitcher Stephen Strasburg, and has some information on how the right-hander has been handling his rehabilitation from Tommy John surgery, how he has been spending his time this offseason, and his prospects for returning to action.
There are some good nuggets, so check out the story here.
Among the highlights …
- Strasburg is expected to start tossing a ball again in 2-3 weeks.
- He will likely begin minor league rehab appearances next August, but most likely won’t throw a pitch for the Nationals until 2012.
- He is (this is for you, Craig) in the best shape of his life. Where he used to squat 235, he now squats 315.
- He created and ran in the Stephen Strasburg 5K Fun Run & Walk, the proceeds of which benefit the San Diego State baseball program.
- He’s done being down about the injury, and is instead looking ahead.
Strasburg no longer dwells on the injury. He chases the feeling his best moments brought, sustained by the belief that only work and time separate him from feeling it once more.
“I focus on the times where I pitched really, really well,” he said. “I try to remember what I was thinking.
“I just can’t wait to go there and do it all over again.”
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)