Jan 18, 2011, 2:19 AM EST
Adam Kilgore of The Washington Post caught up with Washington Nationals phenom pitcher Stephen Strasburg, and has some information on how the right-hander has been handling his rehabilitation from Tommy John surgery, how he has been spending his time this offseason, and his prospects for returning to action.
There are some good nuggets, so check out the story here.
Among the highlights …
- Strasburg is expected to start tossing a ball again in 2-3 weeks.
- He will likely begin minor league rehab appearances next August, but most likely won’t throw a pitch for the Nationals until 2012.
- He is (this is for you, Craig) in the best shape of his life. Where he used to squat 235, he now squats 315.
- He created and ran in the Stephen Strasburg 5K Fun Run & Walk, the proceeds of which benefit the San Diego State baseball program.
- He’s done being down about the injury, and is instead looking ahead.
Strasburg no longer dwells on the injury. He chases the feeling his best moments brought, sustained by the belief that only work and time separate him from feeling it once more.
“I focus on the times where I pitched really, really well,” he said. “I try to remember what I was thinking.
“I just can’t wait to go there and do it all over again.”
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (144)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)