Jan 18, 2011, 2:19 AM EST
Adam Kilgore of The Washington Post caught up with Washington Nationals phenom pitcher Stephen Strasburg, and has some information on how the right-hander has been handling his rehabilitation from Tommy John surgery, how he has been spending his time this offseason, and his prospects for returning to action.
There are some good nuggets, so check out the story here.
Among the highlights …
- Strasburg is expected to start tossing a ball again in 2-3 weeks.
- He will likely begin minor league rehab appearances next August, but most likely won’t throw a pitch for the Nationals until 2012.
- He is (this is for you, Craig) in the best shape of his life. Where he used to squat 235, he now squats 315.
- He created and ran in the Stephen Strasburg 5K Fun Run & Walk, the proceeds of which benefit the San Diego State baseball program.
- He’s done being down about the injury, and is instead looking ahead.
Strasburg no longer dwells on the injury. He chases the feeling his best moments brought, sustained by the belief that only work and time separate him from feeling it once more.
“I focus on the times where I pitched really, really well,” he said. “I try to remember what I was thinking.
“I just can’t wait to go there and do it all over again.”
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (129)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)