That Lenny Dykstra-Monica Foster thing isn’t getting any prettier

Jan 18, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT

Lenny Dykstra

You recall that business with Lenny Dykstra, an escort named Monica Foster and the bounced check?  Well, Radar Online caught up with Dykstra and asked him about it (note: some ads there may be a bit racy for conservative workplaces, but it’s SFW as far as I can tell). Dykstra’s comments were, well, rather colorful:

“F*** that wh***e! … She forged a check from a bank account that has been closed for years. This is some f*****g black wh**e trying to make money off of me.”

He also claims that he never met Foster.

The last time we talked about this I mentioned that I spoke with Foster about all of this after she posted comments about it here at HBT. She provided a lot of detail about Dykstra, his hotel room, stuff he said, stuff he had with him and all of that. I’m not formally endorsing anyone’s story in any of this, but she seemed pretty credible to me.  And anything she’s accusing Dykstra of pales compared to his accusations that she forged a check. And not just because it’s a crime to forge a check either. But because accusing someone of forging a Lenny Dykstra check is an accusation of rank stupidity, and that’s just mean.

Either way, Dykstra just made things about 100% worse for himself. I mean, people would probably have dropped the whole bouncing-checks-to-escorts thing soon enough.  But the racist/misogynist stuff just pushed things beyond the pale.

Please, Lenny. Shut up.

1. BC - Jan 18, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Way to stay classy Lenny. Say, how’s the investment business going these days?

2. Adam - Jan 18, 2011 at 10:04 AM

So, if he hasn’t met her, how did she forge a check of his?

• BC - Jan 18, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Magic words and phrases……
      Abbraca-pocus….
      Hocus-cadabbra…
      Walla Walla Washington….
      Thank you, thank you. I’ll be here all week. Tip your waiters, and try the veal.

• Old Gator - Jan 18, 2011 at 10:32 AM

The toad is better – especially in the cream sauce. Bufogenin adds a little color to any recipe. Ding ding ding ding.

• Utley's Hair - Jan 18, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Lenny did what with toad cream? Ewwwww!!!!!!!

• Jonny 5 - Jan 18, 2011 at 10:16 AM

She must have gotten the check from his F$%ing WH#$e gold digging c#$%nt of a housekeeper. That has to be it. Lenny Dykstra is sooo stupid, does he hear himself? He never met her, but she got his check and forged it. Uhh Lenny, you just said… Anyone who gave this dude money to invest are complete morons. Anyone who suggested people give this guy money to invest should be sued.

• Old Gator - Jan 18, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Then again, J5, I hear the Wilpons are looking for a new investment manager…..

• Glenn - Jan 18, 2011 at 12:43 PM

To be fair, Lenny has quadrupled my money in just two years. I’ve got statements
        to prove it. I’m just waiting for the economy to upturn a bit more before I cash in and retire. Ah to be young and able to take in the full Grapefruit League season!

• Reflex - Jan 18, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Yes, Jim Cramer does deserve to be sued. I hated him when people thought he knew what he was doing. I was glad to see him get his comeuppance during the crash. I hope nobody is stupid enough to trust Cramer’s advice ever again.

• BC - Jan 18, 2011 at 12:47 PM

I find a good bolognese to be tasty. Have to get the amount of heavy cream and chopped pork juuuuuuussst right though…..

3. Jason @ IIATMS - Jan 18, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Happy Martin Luther King Day, belatedly, Lenny. You keep on keepin’ on

4. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jan 18, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Damn Craig, I bet you didn’t think this would keep snowballing like this…You should feel like part of some sort of baseball history here.

• Old Gator - Jan 18, 2011 at 10:35 AM

What’s a “snowball”? Is that anything like a “sno-cone,” a confection of ice and diabetes we use to cool ourselves off down here during another hot, sultry January afternoon?

• BC - Jan 18, 2011 at 2:53 PM

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Bleeehhhhh……

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jan 18, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Lay off the bufogenin, Gator, or at least let me get some.

• Old Gator - Jan 18, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Okay, I’ll try – but I hope you appreciate that in Macondo, collecting bufogenin means waiting for my dogs to come back in after it rains, and then following them around for about twenty minutes with a little pail waiting for them to throw up. I’d also better check that my spin fractionater is working.

By the way, bufogenin should not be confused with bufogenesis, which is the mitotic process by which Tea Party followers reproduce.

• thinman61 - Jan 18, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Wait, Monica Foster snowballed Lenny Dykstra? Ewwwwwwww

• Alex K - Jan 18, 2011 at 11:24 AM

I’m grossed out and amused by this comment at the same time…..

• Tim's Neighbor - Jan 18, 2011 at 2:27 PM

That snowballing was probably what cost so much.

5. PanchoHerreraFanClub - Jan 18, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Lenny said it, so it must be true.

6. paperlions - Jan 18, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I don’t think Dykstra’s comments are misogynistic, per se (racist, sure); though they certainly appear to be such. I think he is just doing the same thing many people do in a dispute when the facts are not on their side….they resort to name calling in hopes that any negatives associated with the names will help to over-ride the losing nature of their position. But yeah, he’s obviously a giant asshole.

• BC - Jan 18, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Lenny needs a visit to Dr. Phil. Either that or Oprah.

• Utley's Hair - Jan 18, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Does the free clinic have a test for brain death?

• BC - Jan 18, 2011 at 2:55 PM

If there’s a clinic for terminal rectal-cranial inversion, Lenny needs to book an appointment.

• Utley's Hair - Jan 18, 2011 at 3:10 PM

“Mr. Dykstra? The doctor will see you right after messers Selig, Loria and Wilpon.”

7. mgflolox - Jan 18, 2011 at 1:31 PM

This dude has GOT to be on the next season of “Celebrity Apprentice”. (If there is one.)

• Richard In Big D - Jan 18, 2011 at 1:56 PM

I’m sure the Donald has already tried to call, but found Lenny’s phone to be “temporarily out of service”…

8. frankvzappa - Jan 18, 2011 at 2:28 PM

ill take LD’s word over a black wh*re’s word any day…

• Reflex - Jan 18, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Then your an idiot. Might wanna check out LD’s reputation of late. He’s screwed over a *lot* of people.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jan 18, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I’ll take the facts, thank you. Dumbass.

• Utley's Hair - Jan 18, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Sometimes I wonder—and hope—that you make idiotic statements like this just to get a response, ’cause otherwise you’re just a sad excuse.

• JBerardi - Jan 19, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Dude, if I’m looking for credibility and respect, I’d think I’d rather be known as a “black whore” rather than “Lenny Dykstra” at this point.

9. monicafosterathome - Jan 18, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Thanks Craig Calcaterra and MSNBC Hardball for having a common sense view on this spectacle I wound up in.

The only person lying in this situation is Dykstra. He needs to come clean about not being able to or wanting to pay his debts to not only to myself but quite a few others. He didn’t expect me to speak up about what happened so now he’s embarrassed and is attempting to cover his tracks.

A detective with the LAPD along with my bank (I was sent official bank copies of the check and I have a bank letter) can vouch for the validity of the check being from him. There’s no way I could have or would have “forged” a check from him and I was not out to “set him up” being that HE contacted ME to spend time with him that morning. I didn’t even know who he was being that he initially gave me a false name.

The good thing that’s come of this situation is that I’ve realized that I need to take a better path in life and I’m making efforts to do so.
    As for Dykstra, I doubt he even knows what telling the truth is anymore. It’s pathetic.

10. Utley's Hair - Jan 18, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Hey, Craig, any way we can get Dykstra’s photo on these posts replaced with Monica’s?

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jan 18, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I second that motion. I’m sure there’s one of Monica in a baseball-y outfit or something to keep the theme, or something.

• Utley's Hair - Jan 18, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Uh-oh…Phightins Phan and Bravos fan agreeing on something…universe tearing apart…must fix…

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There…that should do it… :P

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Jan 18, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I ate two slices of cake yesterday. Pie is better, but it doesn’t mean I hate on cake. It is a delicious thing, almost as delicious as sweet sweet pie!!!!!!!!!!!

• Utley's Hair - Jan 18, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Just because you are trying to tear the universe apart by going out of your way to agree with me, that doesn’t mean the Braves are going to do any better or the Phightins any worse. ;p

Ace-killer Giants do it again