Jan 18, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
You recall that business with Lenny Dykstra, an escort named Monica Foster and the bounced check? Well, Radar Online caught up with Dykstra and asked him about it (note: some ads there may be a bit racy for conservative workplaces, but it’s SFW as far as I can tell). Dykstra’s comments were, well, rather colorful:
“F*** that wh***e! … She forged a check from a bank account that has been closed for years. This is some f*****g black wh**e trying to make money off of me.”
He also claims that he never met Foster.
The last time we talked about this I mentioned that I spoke with Foster about all of this after she posted comments about it here at HBT. She provided a lot of detail about Dykstra, his hotel room, stuff he said, stuff he had with him and all of that. I’m not formally endorsing anyone’s story in any of this, but she seemed pretty credible to me. And anything she’s accusing Dykstra of pales compared to his accusations that she forged a check. And not just because it’s a crime to forge a check either. But because accusing someone of forging a Lenny Dykstra check is an accusation of rank stupidity, and that’s just mean.
Either way, Dykstra just made things about 100% worse for himself. I mean, people would probably have dropped the whole bouncing-checks-to-escorts thing soon enough. But the racist/misogynist stuff just pushed things beyond the pale.
Please, Lenny. Shut up.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 5
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 54
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 44
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 137
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (138)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)