Jan 18, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
You recall that business with Lenny Dykstra, an escort named Monica Foster and the bounced check? Well, Radar Online caught up with Dykstra and asked him about it (note: some ads there may be a bit racy for conservative workplaces, but it’s SFW as far as I can tell). Dykstra’s comments were, well, rather colorful:
“F*** that wh***e! … She forged a check from a bank account that has been closed for years. This is some f*****g black wh**e trying to make money off of me.”
He also claims that he never met Foster.
The last time we talked about this I mentioned that I spoke with Foster about all of this after she posted comments about it here at HBT. She provided a lot of detail about Dykstra, his hotel room, stuff he said, stuff he had with him and all of that. I’m not formally endorsing anyone’s story in any of this, but she seemed pretty credible to me. And anything she’s accusing Dykstra of pales compared to his accusations that she forged a check. And not just because it’s a crime to forge a check either. But because accusing someone of forging a Lenny Dykstra check is an accusation of rank stupidity, and that’s just mean.
Either way, Dykstra just made things about 100% worse for himself. I mean, people would probably have dropped the whole bouncing-checks-to-escorts thing soon enough. But the racist/misogynist stuff just pushed things beyond the pale.
Please, Lenny. Shut up.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 16
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)