Jan 18, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
You recall that business with Lenny Dykstra, an escort named Monica Foster and the bounced check? Well, Radar Online caught up with Dykstra and asked him about it (note: some ads there may be a bit racy for conservative workplaces, but it’s SFW as far as I can tell). Dykstra’s comments were, well, rather colorful:
“F*** that wh***e! … She forged a check from a bank account that has been closed for years. This is some f*****g black wh**e trying to make money off of me.”
He also claims that he never met Foster.
The last time we talked about this I mentioned that I spoke with Foster about all of this after she posted comments about it here at HBT. She provided a lot of detail about Dykstra, his hotel room, stuff he said, stuff he had with him and all of that. I’m not formally endorsing anyone’s story in any of this, but she seemed pretty credible to me. And anything she’s accusing Dykstra of pales compared to his accusations that she forged a check. And not just because it’s a crime to forge a check either. But because accusing someone of forging a Lenny Dykstra check is an accusation of rank stupidity, and that’s just mean.
Either way, Dykstra just made things about 100% worse for himself. I mean, people would probably have dropped the whole bouncing-checks-to-escorts thing soon enough. But the racist/misogynist stuff just pushed things beyond the pale.
Please, Lenny. Shut up.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)