Jan 18, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
You recall that business with Lenny Dykstra, an escort named Monica Foster and the bounced check? Well, Radar Online caught up with Dykstra and asked him about it (note: some ads there may be a bit racy for conservative workplaces, but it’s SFW as far as I can tell). Dykstra’s comments were, well, rather colorful:
“F*** that wh***e! … She forged a check from a bank account that has been closed for years. This is some f*****g black wh**e trying to make money off of me.”
He also claims that he never met Foster.
The last time we talked about this I mentioned that I spoke with Foster about all of this after she posted comments about it here at HBT. She provided a lot of detail about Dykstra, his hotel room, stuff he said, stuff he had with him and all of that. I’m not formally endorsing anyone’s story in any of this, but she seemed pretty credible to me. And anything she’s accusing Dykstra of pales compared to his accusations that she forged a check. And not just because it’s a crime to forge a check either. But because accusing someone of forging a Lenny Dykstra check is an accusation of rank stupidity, and that’s just mean.
Either way, Dykstra just made things about 100% worse for himself. I mean, people would probably have dropped the whole bouncing-checks-to-escorts thing soon enough. But the racist/misogynist stuff just pushed things beyond the pale.
Please, Lenny. Shut up.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)