Jan 18, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Today is the deadline for teams and players to submit their arbitration figures. This is important because once figures are submitted, negotiating positions tend to harden, what with each side saying exactly what they want. As a result, there will be a lot of deals today involving arbitration-eligible players seeking to avoid submitting figures.
We’ll highlight more notable ones — like, say, Heath Bell’s – individually, but most of them will of the one-year variety, most involving minor players.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 2
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 69
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)