Jan 18, 2011, 10:58 AM EDT
Today is the deadline for teams and players to submit their arbitration figures. This is important because once figures are submitted, negotiating positions tend to harden, what with each side saying exactly what they want. As a result, there will be a lot of deals today involving arbitration-eligible players seeking to avoid submitting figures.
We’ll highlight more notable ones — like, say, Heath Bell’s — individually, but most of them will of the one-year variety, most involving minor players.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)