Jan 19, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
R.A. Dickey spent some time tweeting via the New York Mets Twitter feed today. A question from a reader and Dickey’s answer:
Q: Do you enjoy Faulkner & if so what’s ur favorite work of his?
A: I do enjoy Faulkner. Hands down Absalom, Absalom!
I defy you to name a pitcher who can throw 100 miles per hour who has also read Absalom, Absalom! There are none. Only a knuckleballer. Maybe a couple of wise backup catchers. That’s it.
Baseball is a game peopled with garrulous outraged baffled ghosts.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 87
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)