Jan 19, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
R.A. Dickey spent some time tweeting via the New York Mets Twitter feed today. A question from a reader and Dickey’s answer:
Q: Do you enjoy Faulkner & if so what’s ur favorite work of his?
A: I do enjoy Faulkner. Hands down Absalom, Absalom!
I defy you to name a pitcher who can throw 100 miles per hour who has also read Absalom, Absalom! There are none. Only a knuckleballer. Maybe a couple of wise backup catchers. That’s it.
Baseball is a game peopled with garrulous outraged baffled ghosts.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'