Jan 19, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
R.A. Dickey spent some time tweeting via the New York Mets Twitter feed today. A question from a reader and Dickey’s answer:
Q: Do you enjoy Faulkner & if so what’s ur favorite work of his?
A: I do enjoy Faulkner. Hands down Absalom, Absalom!
I defy you to name a pitcher who can throw 100 miles per hour who has also read Absalom, Absalom! There are none. Only a knuckleballer. Maybe a couple of wise backup catchers. That’s it.
Baseball is a game peopled with garrulous outraged baffled ghosts.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)