Jan 19, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
For you Yankees fans who can’t help but read the tea leaves, Brian Hoch passes this along:
Girardi spoke to Pettitte last week. No decision, but he confirms Pettitte is at least working out to be in baseball shape.
No word on whether that’s traditional Andy Pettitte shape, Joba Chamberlain shape, Pablo Sandoval shape or Charlie Kerfeld shape.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 31
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 45
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 103
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32