Jan 19, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
For you Yankees fans who can’t help but read the tea leaves, Brian Hoch passes this along:
Girardi spoke to Pettitte last week. No decision, but he confirms Pettitte is at least working out to be in baseball shape.
No word on whether that’s traditional Andy Pettitte shape, Joba Chamberlain shape, Pablo Sandoval shape or Charlie Kerfeld shape.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 222
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)