Jan 19, 2011, 5:40 PM EST
Not just the best shape. The best possible shape. That’s serious business:
At the end of the season, Lincoln talked about plans to get a personal trainer during the offseason. The focus, Lincoln explained, would be more on his legs and core than in years past.
“I am going to get my body in the best shape possible to come into spring strong so that I can go all year without breaking down,” Lincoln said. “I want to come in top physical form.”
Lincoln’s rookie season didn’t go as planned. After a June callup, he posted an unholy 6.66 ERA in 11 appearances. Here’s hoping the best possible shape — top physical form — makes all the difference.
(thanks to reader Rawstalk for tweeting me the link)
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 20
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)