Jan 19, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
Not just the best shape. The best possible shape. That’s serious business:
At the end of the season, Lincoln talked about plans to get a personal trainer during the offseason. The focus, Lincoln explained, would be more on his legs and core than in years past.
“I am going to get my body in the best shape possible to come into spring strong so that I can go all year without breaking down,” Lincoln said. “I want to come in top physical form.”
Lincoln’s rookie season didn’t go as planned. After a June callup, he posted an unholy 6.66 ERA in 11 appearances. Here’s hoping the best possible shape — top physical form — makes all the difference.
(thanks to reader Rawstalk for tweeting me the link)
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)