Jan 19, 2011, 12:44 PM EST
UPDATE: Apparently it was more than talk. WFAN reports that the Yankees made a one-year, $10 million offer, plus incentives. Yikes!
Cashman admitted he had “several discussions” with agent for Pavano.
That from Peter Botte of the Daily News.
Look, I’m not going to begrudge a guy for doing whatever he can to improve a rotation that needs improving. But Pavano? In New York again? I don’t think the uptick in the team’s pitching would be worth a tenth of the fallout that kind of move would have caused. Indeed, I bet that even the report of Cashman having the conversations will turn itself into a “the Yankees are lost at sea” column from someone at one of the half-sheets within the next couple of days.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)