Jan 19, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: Apparently it was more than talk. WFAN reports that the Yankees made a one-year, $10 million offer, plus incentives. Yikes!
Cashman admitted he had “several discussions” with agent for Pavano.
That from Peter Botte of the Daily News.
Look, I’m not going to begrudge a guy for doing whatever he can to improve a rotation that needs improving. But Pavano? In New York again? I don’t think the uptick in the team’s pitching would be worth a tenth of the fallout that kind of move would have caused. Indeed, I bet that even the report of Cashman having the conversations will turn itself into a “the Yankees are lost at sea” column from someone at one of the half-sheets within the next couple of days.
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 0
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 38
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)