Jan 19, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: Apparently it was more than talk. WFAN reports that the Yankees made a one-year, $10 million offer, plus incentives. Yikes!
Cashman admitted he had “several discussions” with agent for Pavano.
That from Peter Botte of the Daily News.
Look, I’m not going to begrudge a guy for doing whatever he can to improve a rotation that needs improving. But Pavano? In New York again? I don’t think the uptick in the team’s pitching would be worth a tenth of the fallout that kind of move would have caused. Indeed, I bet that even the report of Cashman having the conversations will turn itself into a “the Yankees are lost at sea” column from someone at one of the half-sheets within the next couple of days.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)