Jan 19, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: Apparently it was more than talk. WFAN reports that the Yankees made a one-year, $10 million offer, plus incentives. Yikes!
Cashman admitted he had “several discussions” with agent for Pavano.
That from Peter Botte of the Daily News.
Look, I’m not going to begrudge a guy for doing whatever he can to improve a rotation that needs improving. But Pavano? In New York again? I don’t think the uptick in the team’s pitching would be worth a tenth of the fallout that kind of move would have caused. Indeed, I bet that even the report of Cashman having the conversations will turn itself into a “the Yankees are lost at sea” column from someone at one of the half-sheets within the next couple of days.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 23
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 43
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 48
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)