Jan 19, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
UPDATE: Apparently it was more than talk. WFAN reports that the Yankees made a one-year, $10 million offer, plus incentives. Yikes!
Cashman admitted he had “several discussions” with agent for Pavano.
That from Peter Botte of the Daily News.
Look, I’m not going to begrudge a guy for doing whatever he can to improve a rotation that needs improving. But Pavano? In New York again? I don’t think the uptick in the team’s pitching would be worth a tenth of the fallout that kind of move would have caused. Indeed, I bet that even the report of Cashman having the conversations will turn itself into a “the Yankees are lost at sea” column from someone at one of the half-sheets within the next couple of days.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17