Jan 19, 2011, 11:40 AM EST
Mariners’ GM Jack Zduriencik has released a statement about the Milton Bradley arrest:
“After reaching Milton Bradley’s representatives tonight, I was able to confirm that Milton had been arrested, and subsequently released, in Los Angeles. While we do not yet have full details on what occurred, we are aware of the situation and take it very seriously. We are in the process of determining the full circumstances of what occurred today. Until we have more information, we will not be able to comment further.”
I know that’s saying nothing, but given the Mariners’ recent history on this stuff, it’s probably worth watching how they handle all of this closely.
And no, despite my observations regarding Bradley and Leuke situations this morning, I’m not trying to be all moralistic about how the Mariners run their team. It can’t be easy to balance winning, making money, being attentive to public relations, moral and ethical concerns and protecting the privacy of your own employees all at the same time.
How the Mariners proceed and how they balance all of that here will nonetheless be interesting to watch.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)