Jan 19, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Mariners’ GM Jack Zduriencik has released a statement about the Milton Bradley arrest:
“After reaching Milton Bradley’s representatives tonight, I was able to confirm that Milton had been arrested, and subsequently released, in Los Angeles. While we do not yet have full details on what occurred, we are aware of the situation and take it very seriously. We are in the process of determining the full circumstances of what occurred today. Until we have more information, we will not be able to comment further.”
I know that’s saying nothing, but given the Mariners’ recent history on this stuff, it’s probably worth watching how they handle all of this closely.
And no, despite my observations regarding Bradley and Leuke situations this morning, I’m not trying to be all moralistic about how the Mariners run their team. It can’t be easy to balance winning, making money, being attentive to public relations, moral and ethical concerns and protecting the privacy of your own employees all at the same time.
How the Mariners proceed and how they balance all of that here will nonetheless be interesting to watch.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 29
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 127
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (127)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)