Jan 19, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Mariners’ GM Jack Zduriencik has released a statement about the Milton Bradley arrest:
“After reaching Milton Bradley’s representatives tonight, I was able to confirm that Milton had been arrested, and subsequently released, in Los Angeles. While we do not yet have full details on what occurred, we are aware of the situation and take it very seriously. We are in the process of determining the full circumstances of what occurred today. Until we have more information, we will not be able to comment further.”
I know that’s saying nothing, but given the Mariners’ recent history on this stuff, it’s probably worth watching how they handle all of this closely.
And no, despite my observations regarding Bradley and Leuke situations this morning, I’m not trying to be all moralistic about how the Mariners run their team. It can’t be easy to balance winning, making money, being attentive to public relations, moral and ethical concerns and protecting the privacy of your own employees all at the same time.
How the Mariners proceed and how they balance all of that here will nonetheless be interesting to watch.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)