Jan 19, 2011, 11:07 AM EDT
Apparently the Twins and Pavano have almost reached a deal.
Twins and Pavano are very close to a new deal, working on final details. Bill Smith said today, “I think we’re in the home stretch here.”
This is not a repeat from last month. Or last week. Though I have very little faith that it won’t be repeated multiple times in the future.
For those of you tired of reading stories about this, I have obtained exclusive video of Bill Smith’s comments about the Pavano negotiations. The part of Smith is played by Red Leader.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)