Jan 19, 2011, 11:07 AM EST
Apparently the Twins and Pavano have almost reached a deal.
Twins and Pavano are very close to a new deal, working on final details. Bill Smith said today, “I think we’re in the home stretch here.”
This is not a repeat from last month. Or last week. Though I have very little faith that it won’t be repeated multiple times in the future.
For those of you tired of reading stories about this, I have obtained exclusive video of Bill Smith’s comments about the Pavano negotiations. The part of Smith is played by Red Leader.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 5
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 51
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 51
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 52
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)