Jan 19, 2011, 11:07 AM EDT
Apparently the Twins and Pavano have almost reached a deal.
Twins and Pavano are very close to a new deal, working on final details. Bill Smith said today, “I think we’re in the home stretch here.”
This is not a repeat from last month. Or last week. Though I have very little faith that it won’t be repeated multiple times in the future.
For those of you tired of reading stories about this, I have obtained exclusive video of Bill Smith’s comments about the Pavano negotiations. The part of Smith is played by Red Leader.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)