Jan 19, 2011, 10:24 AM EST
“We’re still in the midst of discussions,” said [GM Chris] Antonetti. “I don’t view it as the negotiations being closed.”
Choo is one of the most underrated guys in baseball. He’s still got three seasons to go in Cleveland — unless they trade him, that is — and he’s a Scott Boras client.
I suppose there are things that are less likely to happen than Choo agreeing to an extension that buys out anything other than his arb years, and there are things less likely to happen than the Indians actually offering to pay Choo a cent more than they’d have to if they simply went year-to-year with him. It’s just that I can’t for the life of me think what any of those things are at the moment.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)