Jan 19, 2011, 10:24 AM EDT
“We’re still in the midst of discussions,” said [GM Chris] Antonetti. “I don’t view it as the negotiations being closed.”
Choo is one of the most underrated guys in baseball. He’s still got three seasons to go in Cleveland — unless they trade him, that is — and he’s a Scott Boras client.
I suppose there are things that are less likely to happen than Choo agreeing to an extension that buys out anything other than his arb years, and there are things less likely to happen than the Indians actually offering to pay Choo a cent more than they’d have to if they simply went year-to-year with him. It’s just that I can’t for the life of me think what any of those things are at the moment.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (132)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)