Jan 19, 2011, 10:24 AM EST
“We’re still in the midst of discussions,” said [GM Chris] Antonetti. “I don’t view it as the negotiations being closed.”
Choo is one of the most underrated guys in baseball. He’s still got three seasons to go in Cleveland — unless they trade him, that is — and he’s a Scott Boras client.
I suppose there are things that are less likely to happen than Choo agreeing to an extension that buys out anything other than his arb years, and there are things less likely to happen than the Indians actually offering to pay Choo a cent more than they’d have to if they simply went year-to-year with him. It’s just that I can’t for the life of me think what any of those things are at the moment.
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 0
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 23
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)