Jan 19, 2011, 10:24 AM EDT
“We’re still in the midst of discussions,” said [GM Chris] Antonetti. “I don’t view it as the negotiations being closed.”
Choo is one of the most underrated guys in baseball. He’s still got three seasons to go in Cleveland — unless they trade him, that is — and he’s a Scott Boras client.
I suppose there are things that are less likely to happen than Choo agreeing to an extension that buys out anything other than his arb years, and there are things less likely to happen than the Indians actually offering to pay Choo a cent more than they’d have to if they simply went year-to-year with him. It’s just that I can’t for the life of me think what any of those things are at the moment.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17