Jan 20, 2011, 9:11 AM EST
I sort of hope that the Giants are good again this year because — for all of the hell I throw Philly’s way — I think Giants fans have the potential to be something special too. Personally I’m dubious that the level of craziness we saw last fall is sustainable. But if it is, life will be more interesting for all of us.
Speaking of Giants fans, some of them went to go see the World Series trophy in Stockton yesterday:
Shannon Sugimoto, 32, came dressed in her lucky ensemble of black-and-orange striped leggings, orange parachute pants, two layers of orange T-shirts and a black-and-orange jester’s hat.
“They’ve never lost when I wore this,” she said.
And after giving that quote she quickly ran off to anywhere that wasn’t a statistics class.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)