Jan 20, 2011, 9:11 AM EST
I sort of hope that the Giants are good again this year because — for all of the hell I throw Philly’s way — I think Giants fans have the potential to be something special too. Personally I’m dubious that the level of craziness we saw last fall is sustainable. But if it is, life will be more interesting for all of us.
Speaking of Giants fans, some of them went to go see the World Series trophy in Stockton yesterday:
Shannon Sugimoto, 32, came dressed in her lucky ensemble of black-and-orange striped leggings, orange parachute pants, two layers of orange T-shirts and a black-and-orange jester’s hat.
“They’ve never lost when I wore this,” she said.
And after giving that quote she quickly ran off to anywhere that wasn’t a statistics class.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 48
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 38
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 54
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)