Jan 20, 2011, 9:11 AM EDT
I sort of hope that the Giants are good again this year because — for all of the hell I throw Philly’s way — I think Giants fans have the potential to be something special too. Personally I’m dubious that the level of craziness we saw last fall is sustainable. But if it is, life will be more interesting for all of us.
Speaking of Giants fans, some of them went to go see the World Series trophy in Stockton yesterday:
Shannon Sugimoto, 32, came dressed in her lucky ensemble of black-and-orange striped leggings, orange parachute pants, two layers of orange T-shirts and a black-and-orange jester’s hat.
“They’ve never lost when I wore this,” she said.
And after giving that quote she quickly ran off to anywhere that wasn’t a statistics class.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 32
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 25
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 35
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)