Jan 20, 2011, 9:11 AM EDT
I sort of hope that the Giants are good again this year because — for all of the hell I throw Philly’s way — I think Giants fans have the potential to be something special too. Personally I’m dubious that the level of craziness we saw last fall is sustainable. But if it is, life will be more interesting for all of us.
Speaking of Giants fans, some of them went to go see the World Series trophy in Stockton yesterday:
Shannon Sugimoto, 32, came dressed in her lucky ensemble of black-and-orange striped leggings, orange parachute pants, two layers of orange T-shirts and a black-and-orange jester’s hat.
“They’ve never lost when I wore this,” she said.
And after giving that quote she quickly ran off to anywhere that wasn’t a statistics class.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 41
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)