Jan 20, 2011, 9:11 AM EDT
I sort of hope that the Giants are good again this year because — for all of the hell I throw Philly’s way — I think Giants fans have the potential to be something special too. Personally I’m dubious that the level of craziness we saw last fall is sustainable. But if it is, life will be more interesting for all of us.
Speaking of Giants fans, some of them went to go see the World Series trophy in Stockton yesterday:
Shannon Sugimoto, 32, came dressed in her lucky ensemble of black-and-orange striped leggings, orange parachute pants, two layers of orange T-shirts and a black-and-orange jester’s hat.
“They’ve never lost when I wore this,” she said.
And after giving that quote she quickly ran off to anywhere that wasn’t a statistics class.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (161)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)