Jan 20, 2011, 10:27 AM EDT
The Royals should have a big crowd on April 2nd. And not just for the Royals-Angels game scheduled that afternoon:
According to team spokesman Toby Cook, the Royals are planning to hold a minor league exhibition game between its top two minor league affiliates, Class AAA Omaha and Class AA Northwest Arkansas, on April 2 at Kauffman Stadium. The showdown will take place approximately 30 minutes after the Royals conclude their game against the Los Angeles Angles of Anaheim, which is scheduled to start at 12:10 p.m.
With Mike Moustakas, Eric Hosmer, Mike Montgomery and all of the other studs in the Royals system, the question has to be asked whether it wouldn’t be better to start a combined roster of the AAA and AA teams against the Angels that afternoon and let Jeff Francoeur, Melky Cabrera and the current major leaguers play a game that doesn’t count.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)