Jan 20, 2011, 10:27 AM EDT
The Royals should have a big crowd on April 2nd. And not just for the Royals-Angels game scheduled that afternoon:
According to team spokesman Toby Cook, the Royals are planning to hold a minor league exhibition game between its top two minor league affiliates, Class AAA Omaha and Class AA Northwest Arkansas, on April 2 at Kauffman Stadium. The showdown will take place approximately 30 minutes after the Royals conclude their game against the Los Angeles Angles of Anaheim, which is scheduled to start at 12:10 p.m.
With Mike Moustakas, Eric Hosmer, Mike Montgomery and all of the other studs in the Royals system, the question has to be asked whether it wouldn’t be better to start a combined roster of the AAA and AA teams against the Angels that afternoon and let Jeff Francoeur, Melky Cabrera and the current major leaguers play a game that doesn’t count.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)