Jan 21, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Although Valverde won, Santiago refused to accept that the Tigers closer was the better dancer. Santiago said Valverde’s secret weapon — the prancing paunch on his 6-foot-4, 255-pound frame — was the key.
“Valverde, when he got on stage everybody went crazy,” Santiago said. “When he moved his belly, it was a typical Valverde dance, so it’s why he win.”
Below is exclusive video of Valverde’s portion of the competition:
In other news, Spring Training can’t get here a moment too soon, because one or two more of these kinds of posts and I’m just going to end up spending six hours a day watching old “What’s Happening!” episodes on You Tube all day. Not that that’s a bad thing.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (79)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (74)