Jan 21, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
I’m no Mets fan, but I have always loved this logo: the distinctive dark skyline, the white bridge symbolizing the five boroughs, the classic Mets script, the terrific color scheme of orange and blue. My only suggestion: Mr. Met should have it tattooed around his whole head.
That’s Jim Caple, ranking the MLB team logos, with the Metropolitans in the top spot. I have to agree, it’s a choice logo. It’s satisfying on a number of levels and I’ve always loved it, alternating between it and the Dodgers logo as being the best (Jim as the Dodgers at #4).
I also agree with his last place pick — the Indians — because Chief Wahoo is probably the worst thing there is of all baseball-related things, including the kiss-cam, “Cotton-eyed Joe” and fouling balls off your instep and having it ricochet into your athletic supporter.
In between there’s great room for debate. Fun column.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)