Jan 21, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
I’m no Mets fan, but I have always loved this logo: the distinctive dark skyline, the white bridge symbolizing the five boroughs, the classic Mets script, the terrific color scheme of orange and blue. My only suggestion: Mr. Met should have it tattooed around his whole head.
That’s Jim Caple, ranking the MLB team logos, with the Metropolitans in the top spot. I have to agree, it’s a choice logo. It’s satisfying on a number of levels and I’ve always loved it, alternating between it and the Dodgers logo as being the best (Jim as the Dodgers at #4).
I also agree with his last place pick — the Indians — because Chief Wahoo is probably the worst thing there is of all baseball-related things, including the kiss-cam, “Cotton-eyed Joe” and fouling balls off your instep and having it ricochet into your athletic supporter.
In between there’s great room for debate. Fun column.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)