Jan 21, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
I’m no Mets fan, but I have always loved this logo: the distinctive dark skyline, the white bridge symbolizing the five boroughs, the classic Mets script, the terrific color scheme of orange and blue. My only suggestion: Mr. Met should have it tattooed around his whole head.
That’s Jim Caple, ranking the MLB team logos, with the Metropolitans in the top spot. I have to agree, it’s a choice logo. It’s satisfying on a number of levels and I’ve always loved it, alternating between it and the Dodgers logo as being the best (Jim as the Dodgers at #4).
I also agree with his last place pick — the Indians — because Chief Wahoo is probably the worst thing there is of all baseball-related things, including the kiss-cam, “Cotton-eyed Joe” and fouling balls off your instep and having it ricochet into your athletic supporter.
In between there’s great room for debate. Fun column.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 9
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 82
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (80)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)