Jan 21, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
I’m no Mets fan, but I have always loved this logo: the distinctive dark skyline, the white bridge symbolizing the five boroughs, the classic Mets script, the terrific color scheme of orange and blue. My only suggestion: Mr. Met should have it tattooed around his whole head.
That’s Jim Caple, ranking the MLB team logos, with the Metropolitans in the top spot. I have to agree, it’s a choice logo. It’s satisfying on a number of levels and I’ve always loved it, alternating between it and the Dodgers logo as being the best (Jim as the Dodgers at #4).
I also agree with his last place pick — the Indians — because Chief Wahoo is probably the worst thing there is of all baseball-related things, including the kiss-cam, “Cotton-eyed Joe” and fouling balls off your instep and having it ricochet into your athletic supporter.
In between there’s great room for debate. Fun column.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 82
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)