Jan 21, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton‘s recent bout with pneumonia was actually kind of serious.
According to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Hamilton dropped 10 pounds last week while battling the lung inflammation for five days in the hosptial. The outfielder also told reporters on Friday that he’s only at about 90 percent health at the moment.
Hamilton has plenty of time to gain the weight back and work back toward 100 percent by the start of spring training. And if he can’t get all the way there, he can simply focus on conditioning and weight lifting during the first portion of camp and then catch up with regular at-bats during the later part of the Cactus League schedule. To put it plainly: he’ll be fine.
The 29-year-old won AL MVP honors last year by batting .359/.411/.633 with 32 home runs.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)