Jan 21, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton‘s recent bout with pneumonia was actually kind of serious.
According to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Hamilton dropped 10 pounds last week while battling the lung inflammation for five days in the hosptial. The outfielder also told reporters on Friday that he’s only at about 90 percent health at the moment.
Hamilton has plenty of time to gain the weight back and work back toward 100 percent by the start of spring training. And if he can’t get all the way there, he can simply focus on conditioning and weight lifting during the first portion of camp and then catch up with regular at-bats during the later part of the Cactus League schedule. To put it plainly: he’ll be fine.
The 29-year-old won AL MVP honors last year by batting .359/.411/.633 with 32 home runs.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)