Jan 21, 2011, 11:07 AM EST
“Citi Field is a damn joke”
— Royals’ outfielder Jeff Francoeur, speaking about his former home park as reported by KC Star blogger, Rustin C. Dodd.
Presumably Jeff blames the spacious and vexing Citi Field for his offensive woes as a New York Met.
- Jeff Francoeur career line in Citi Field: .249/.288/.404
- Jeff Francoeur career line everywhere: .268/.310/.425
I guess the whole league is a damn joke to Francoeur too.
And please, in the interest of avoiding more Francoeur profanity, don’t anyone tell him that Kauffman Field is a fairly pronounced pitchers park.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 19
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)