Jan 21, 2011, 11:07 AM EDT
“Citi Field is a damn joke”
– Royals’ outfielder Jeff Francoeur, speaking about his former home park as reported by KC Star blogger, Rustin C. Dodd.
Presumably Jeff blames the spacious and vexing Citi Field for his offensive woes as a New York Met.
- Jeff Francoeur career line in Citi Field: .249/.288/.404
- Jeff Francoeur career line everywhere: .268/.310/.425
I guess the whole league is a damn joke to Francoeur too.
And please, in the interest of avoiding more Francoeur profanity, don’t anyone tell him that Kauffman Field is a fairly pronounced pitchers park.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)