Jan 21, 2011, 11:07 AM EDT
“Citi Field is a damn joke”
– Royals’ outfielder Jeff Francoeur, speaking about his former home park as reported by KC Star blogger, Rustin C. Dodd.
Presumably Jeff blames the spacious and vexing Citi Field for his offensive woes as a New York Met.
- Jeff Francoeur career line in Citi Field: .249/.288/.404
- Jeff Francoeur career line everywhere: .268/.310/.425
I guess the whole league is a damn joke to Francoeur too.
And please, in the interest of avoiding more Francoeur profanity, don’t anyone tell him that Kauffman Field is a fairly pronounced pitchers park.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)