Jan 21, 2011, 11:07 AM EDT
“Citi Field is a damn joke”
— Royals’ outfielder Jeff Francoeur, speaking about his former home park as reported by KC Star blogger, Rustin C. Dodd.
Presumably Jeff blames the spacious and vexing Citi Field for his offensive woes as a New York Met.
- Jeff Francoeur career line in Citi Field: .249/.288/.404
- Jeff Francoeur career line everywhere: .268/.310/.425
I guess the whole league is a damn joke to Francoeur too.
And please, in the interest of avoiding more Francoeur profanity, don’t anyone tell him that Kauffman Field is a fairly pronounced pitchers park.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 73
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)