Jan 21, 2011, 1:40 PM EDT
As soon as I posted the Nick Punto thing this morning a bunch of people observed that it was inevitable that the Cardinals would sign him soon. Tony La Russa has an addiction to scrappy infielders. He can’t help himself. SO, not surprisingly, the Cardinals just signed him.
It’s a one-year deal. We don’t have any details yet. If it’s more than a million dollars though, it’s probably too much. All that said, if healthy and if not overused, he’s useful.
I just don’t know that I would bet a lot of money on La Russa not overusing him.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)