Jan 22, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that during an appearance at the Rangers’ Fan Fest today, team president Nolan Ryan predicted that the club will win between 90 to 95 games this season.
“I think we’re a better ballclub now than we were this time last year,” Ryan told ESPNDallas.com after talking with fans in a Q&A session. “We have more experience and a better overall club with the additions we’ve made this offseason and the young pitchers we have coming back.”
Don’t scoff at Ryan’s optimism. He predicted 92 wins for the Rangers last March and was on record saying that he expected an AL West championship. While they fell two wins short of his prediction, the club did win their first division title since 1999 and made the World Series for the first time in franchise history.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)