Jan 22, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
UPDATE: Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports that the deal is official.
A league source tells Urban that Torres’ contract will be “in the $2.1 million range.” Torres filed for $2.6 million and was offered $1.8 million when arbitration figured were exchanged on Tuesday, so this contract should come very close to the midpoint of $2.2 million.
Torres, who turns 33 next week, was one of the best all-around players for the World Champion Giants last season, batting .268/.343/.479 with 16 home runs, 63 RBI and 26 stolen bases while playing excellent outfield defense.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 51
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)