Jan 22, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
UPDATE: Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports that the deal is official.
A league source tells Urban that Torres’ contract will be “in the $2.1 million range.” Torres filed for $2.6 million and was offered $1.8 million when arbitration figured were exchanged on Tuesday, so this contract should come very close to the midpoint of $2.2 million.
Torres, who turns 33 next week, was one of the best all-around players for the World Champion Giants last season, batting .268/.343/.479 with 16 home runs, 63 RBI and 26 stolen bases while playing excellent outfield defense.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (80)