Jan 23, 2011, 10:33 AM EST
According to the Associated Press, via CBSSports.com, Astros right-hander Cesar Carrillo was arrested and charged with trespassing after an incident early Saturday morning at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Tampa.
Carrillo was asked to leave the casino for an undisclosed reason and then attempted to reenter the premises 15 minutes later. He spent a couple of hours in jail before paying a $500 bond.
The 26-year-old was selected by the Padres in the first round of the 2005 MLB Amateur Draft, but he made only three appearances for San Diego before they cut him loose last September. He was picked up off waivers by the Astros, who will likely stick him at Triple-A to start the 2011 season and use him as starting rotation depth.
Beyond maybe a fine, Carrillo should avoid further punishment from the casino incident.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)