Jan 24, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
This Dave Niehaus tribute song from Macklemore and Ryan Lewis may not be your style — white boy hip hop is exceedingly hit-or-miss in my experience — but the video is fantastic, especially if you have any love for the Mariners and their history.
It’s the sort of thing that makes one wonder how much of the magic and lore surrounding older teams is based on the existence of sepia tone photos and well-produced documentaries and how much of it was based on the actual baseball. Because with the right production values, anything is epic.
UPDATE: Er, I’m having embedding issues. Just go watch the video here.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 114
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)