Jan 24, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
This Dave Niehaus tribute song from Macklemore and Ryan Lewis may not be your style — white boy hip hop is exceedingly hit-or-miss in my experience — but the video is fantastic, especially if you have any love for the Mariners and their history.
It’s the sort of thing that makes one wonder how much of the magic and lore surrounding older teams is based on the existence of sepia tone photos and well-produced documentaries and how much of it was based on the actual baseball. Because with the right production values, anything is epic.
UPDATE: Er, I’m having embedding issues. Just go watch the video here.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)