Jan 24, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
This Dave Niehaus tribute song from Macklemore and Ryan Lewis may not be your style — white boy hip hop is exceedingly hit-or-miss in my experience — but the video is fantastic, especially if you have any love for the Mariners and their history.
It’s the sort of thing that makes one wonder how much of the magic and lore surrounding older teams is based on the existence of sepia tone photos and well-produced documentaries and how much of it was based on the actual baseball. Because with the right production values, anything is epic.
UPDATE: Er, I’m having embedding issues. Just go watch the video here.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 5
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)