Jan 24, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
This Dave Niehaus tribute song from Macklemore and Ryan Lewis may not be your style — white boy hip hop is exceedingly hit-or-miss in my experience — but the video is fantastic, especially if you have any love for the Mariners and their history.
It’s the sort of thing that makes one wonder how much of the magic and lore surrounding older teams is based on the existence of sepia tone photos and well-produced documentaries and how much of it was based on the actual baseball. Because with the right production values, anything is epic.
UPDATE: Er, I’m having embedding issues. Just go watch the video here.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)