Jan 24, 2011, 8:48 AM EDT
This Dave Niehaus tribute song from Macklemore and Ryan Lewis may not be your style — white boy hip hop is exceedingly hit-or-miss in my experience — but the video is fantastic, especially if you have any love for the Mariners and their history.
It’s the sort of thing that makes one wonder how much of the magic and lore surrounding older teams is based on the existence of sepia tone photos and well-produced documentaries and how much of it was based on the actual baseball. Because with the right production values, anything is epic.
UPDATE: Er, I’m having embedding issues. Just go watch the video here.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final