Jan 24, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
Here’s a little addendum to what Craig wrote this morning.
Twins general manager Bill Smith has informed La Valle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that Justin Morneau will skip the team’s annual TwinsFest this weekend in order to continue his workouts near his offseason home in Arizona.
Smith said it was a tough decision, but the club feels it’s more important to keep Morneau on track with his specific training program.
“It’s still a work in progress,” Smith said, ”but he has made tremendous progress since the end of the season. That’s why I don’t want to set that back.”
In other words, don’t look too much into his absence at this weekend’s event. Get back to me if for some reason Morneau doesn’t swing a bat sometime next week, as estimated by Smith on Sunday.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 38
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)