Jan 24, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
Here’s a little addendum to what Craig wrote this morning.
Twins general manager Bill Smith has informed La Valle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that Justin Morneau will skip the team’s annual TwinsFest this weekend in order to continue his workouts near his offseason home in Arizona.
Smith said it was a tough decision, but the club feels it’s more important to keep Morneau on track with his specific training program.
“It’s still a work in progress,” Smith said, ”but he has made tremendous progress since the end of the season. That’s why I don’t want to set that back.”
In other words, don’t look too much into his absence at this weekend’s event. Get back to me if for some reason Morneau doesn’t swing a bat sometime next week, as estimated by Smith on Sunday.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)