Jan 24, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
Here’s a little addendum to what Craig wrote this morning.
Twins general manager Bill Smith has informed La Valle E. Neal III of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that Justin Morneau will skip the team’s annual TwinsFest this weekend in order to continue his workouts near his offseason home in Arizona.
Smith said it was a tough decision, but the club feels it’s more important to keep Morneau on track with his specific training program.
“It’s still a work in progress,” Smith said, ”but he has made tremendous progress since the end of the season. That’s why I don’t want to set that back.”
In other words, don’t look too much into his absence at this weekend’s event. Get back to me if for some reason Morneau doesn’t swing a bat sometime next week, as estimated by Smith on Sunday.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)