Jan 24, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Orioles left-hander Troy Patton was arrested Saturday night in Houston and charged with a DWI after police pulled him over for speeding and driving over a curb, according to KPRC television.
Patton was the Astros’ ninth-round pick in 2004 and was traded to the Orioles in December of 2007 as part of the package for Miguel Tejada. He spent most of last season at Triple-A, but made one appearance for the Orioles in September and is currently on the 40-man roster.
According to police Patton failed a breathalyzer test by registering a 0.14 blood-alcohol level, which is nearly twice the legal limit of 0.08 in Texas. He was released on $500 bond and has a court date scheduled for later this month.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 4
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 52
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (81)