Jan 24, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Orioles left-hander Troy Patton was arrested Saturday night in Houston and charged with a DWI after police pulled him over for speeding and driving over a curb, according to KPRC television.
Patton was the Astros’ ninth-round pick in 2004 and was traded to the Orioles in December of 2007 as part of the package for Miguel Tejada. He spent most of last season at Triple-A, but made one appearance for the Orioles in September and is currently on the 40-man roster.
According to police Patton failed a breathalyzer test by registering a 0.14 blood-alcohol level, which is nearly twice the legal limit of 0.08 in Texas. He was released on $500 bond and has a court date scheduled for later this month.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)