Jan 24, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Orioles left-hander Troy Patton was arrested Saturday night in Houston and charged with a DWI after police pulled him over for speeding and driving over a curb, according to KPRC television.
Patton was the Astros’ ninth-round pick in 2004 and was traded to the Orioles in December of 2007 as part of the package for Miguel Tejada. He spent most of last season at Triple-A, but made one appearance for the Orioles in September and is currently on the 40-man roster.
According to police Patton failed a breathalyzer test by registering a 0.14 blood-alcohol level, which is nearly twice the legal limit of 0.08 in Texas. He was released on $500 bond and has a court date scheduled for later this month.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)