Jan 24, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Orioles left-hander Troy Patton was arrested Saturday night in Houston and charged with a DWI after police pulled him over for speeding and driving over a curb, according to KPRC television.
Patton was the Astros’ ninth-round pick in 2004 and was traded to the Orioles in December of 2007 as part of the package for Miguel Tejada. He spent most of last season at Triple-A, but made one appearance for the Orioles in September and is currently on the 40-man roster.
According to police Patton failed a breathalyzer test by registering a 0.14 blood-alcohol level, which is nearly twice the legal limit of 0.08 in Texas. He was released on $500 bond and has a court date scheduled for later this month.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming