Jan 24, 2011, 12:06 PM EDT
When you have four legitimate number one starters on your team and you’re coming off two pennants in the last three years, it’s hard to find something to complain about. But via Crossing Broad, we learn that Howard Eskin found something. Roy Halladay allegedly won’t talk to the media:
And because of my track record I fully acknowledge that some of you may assume I’m somehow agreeing with Eskin’s criticism. Believe me: I am not. This is beyond lame. Halladay is under no obligation to talk to anyone. Indeed, I think the criticism is factually wrong as well, because I recall him giving an interview or two, maybe in late November or early December.
The media plays an important role in fans’ consumption of sports. But we’re not entitled to anything, and Eskin’s complaining here is really, really weak sauce.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 38
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)