Jan 24, 2011, 12:06 PM EST
When you have four legitimate number one starters on your team and you’re coming off two pennants in the last three years, it’s hard to find something to complain about. But via Crossing Broad, we learn that Howard Eskin found something. Roy Halladay allegedly won’t talk to the media:
And because of my track record I fully acknowledge that some of you may assume I’m somehow agreeing with Eskin’s criticism. Believe me: I am not. This is beyond lame. Halladay is under no obligation to talk to anyone. Indeed, I think the criticism is factually wrong as well, because I recall him giving an interview or two, maybe in late November or early December.
The media plays an important role in fans’ consumption of sports. But we’re not entitled to anything, and Eskin’s complaining here is really, really weak sauce.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27