Jan 25, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
We weren’t expecting this: a startling reader confession from the comments section of the Cubs shirt post:
I actually own this shirt but I have never had the cajones to wear it. My wife and her mother bought it for me on clearance this Summer at Von Maur. They meant well, but they didn’t understand how utterly ridiculous it is. It’s not just crazy, it’s Nicolas Cage/Gary Busey crazy.
I can’t fathom where I could possibly wear it. I can’t wear it to a game because it’s too formal, I can’t wear it in public because it’s too crazy, and I can’t wear it to work because my Braves fan boss would can my a** and have a legitimate claim that I am unfit to work.
In the shirt’s defense, it does look better in person (lighter blue pin stripes are more visible) and it is really high quality.
To which I say: pics or it didn’t happen.
I’ll also say that if there’s a Braves version, and if someone were to purchase it for me, I would wear it all over the place simply to flaunt the fact that I work from home and have already attracted a mate, and therefore have no reason to care about anything anymore.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 36
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)