Jan 25, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
We weren’t expecting this: a startling reader confession from the comments section of the Cubs shirt post:
I actually own this shirt but I have never had the cajones to wear it. My wife and her mother bought it for me on clearance this Summer at Von Maur. They meant well, but they didn’t understand how utterly ridiculous it is. It’s not just crazy, it’s Nicolas Cage/Gary Busey crazy.
I can’t fathom where I could possibly wear it. I can’t wear it to a game because it’s too formal, I can’t wear it in public because it’s too crazy, and I can’t wear it to work because my Braves fan boss would can my a** and have a legitimate claim that I am unfit to work.
In the shirt’s defense, it does look better in person (lighter blue pin stripes are more visible) and it is really high quality.
To which I say: pics or it didn’t happen.
I’ll also say that if there’s a Braves version, and if someone were to purchase it for me, I would wear it all over the place simply to flaunt the fact that I work from home and have already attracted a mate, and therefore have no reason to care about anything anymore.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 0
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 10
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 8
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles