Jan 25, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
We weren’t expecting this: a startling reader confession from the comments section of the Cubs shirt post:
I actually own this shirt but I have never had the cajones to wear it. My wife and her mother bought it for me on clearance this Summer at Von Maur. They meant well, but they didn’t understand how utterly ridiculous it is. It’s not just crazy, it’s Nicolas Cage/Gary Busey crazy.
I can’t fathom where I could possibly wear it. I can’t wear it to a game because it’s too formal, I can’t wear it in public because it’s too crazy, and I can’t wear it to work because my Braves fan boss would can my a** and have a legitimate claim that I am unfit to work.
In the shirt’s defense, it does look better in person (lighter blue pin stripes are more visible) and it is really high quality.
To which I say: pics or it didn’t happen.
I’ll also say that if there’s a Braves version, and if someone were to purchase it for me, I would wear it all over the place simply to flaunt the fact that I work from home and have already attracted a mate, and therefore have no reason to care about anything anymore.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 12
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 81
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)