Jan 25, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
We weren’t expecting this: a startling reader confession from the comments section of the Cubs shirt post:
I actually own this shirt but I have never had the cajones to wear it. My wife and her mother bought it for me on clearance this Summer at Von Maur. They meant well, but they didn’t understand how utterly ridiculous it is. It’s not just crazy, it’s Nicolas Cage/Gary Busey crazy.
I can’t fathom where I could possibly wear it. I can’t wear it to a game because it’s too formal, I can’t wear it in public because it’s too crazy, and I can’t wear it to work because my Braves fan boss would can my a** and have a legitimate claim that I am unfit to work.
In the shirt’s defense, it does look better in person (lighter blue pin stripes are more visible) and it is really high quality.
To which I say: pics or it didn’t happen.
I’ll also say that if there’s a Braves version, and if someone were to purchase it for me, I would wear it all over the place simply to flaunt the fact that I work from home and have already attracted a mate, and therefore have no reason to care about anything anymore.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 23
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (155)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)